A Race Against Time to Find a Cure

(Y/N)'s POV- 2:21 PM- Jim Gordon's Apartment

"I don't feel good at all."

"How so?!" My uncle looked back at me with worry in his eyes.
"I feel sick to my stomach, I feel like it's churning. Nauseous almost." He put his hand to my head. "Oh my goodness" he got up from the bed and ran over to the hallway. I noticed when he came back he held a thermometer in his hand. He gently swiped the thermometer against my forehead and temples, it made a few beeping sounds which somewhat alarmed me. "What is it?!" I asked,  he stayed still, staring at the numbers. I grabbed his hand and turned it around. 110* F

"T-t-that's impossible! I can't have a 110* fever! I'd be dead right now!" I shouted.
"We need to get you to Lucius, tell him we need that antidote. Now." He steadily brought me to my feet, I almost stumbled back onto my bed but he pushed me back up. The walk to the front door felt like it took hours, the drive to the GCPD... endless.

                                                                            ☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

(Y/N)'S POV- 2:45 PM- GCPD Clinic

"Where's Lucius?" my uncle shouted, placing me to sit on an empty hospital bed in the clinic. 
"Uh, I don't know James, last time I checked he was running tests in the lab" a woman responded as she properly fixed her hat to sit perfectly on her head. "Please just wait with my niece while I go call him over here" he frantically ordered as he left the room. She nodded her head and watched him leave the room. The nurse stood over me and wrapped a blood pressure machine wrap around my arm, checked my heart rate, and temperature. The moment she saw the numbers on the thermometer her eyes widened. "Yeah, I know. I'd be dead right now. It's the virus." She looked deeply bewildered and slowly got up from my bedside, "I'll be right uh.. back." Great. That freaked her out. Good to know I could depend on these doctors at the GCPD to help me out. Sheesh. 

Lucius came in with a briefcase and my uncle seemingly attached by the hip. "Seems like you have a high fever. Good news though we have found traces of an antidote." 

My face lit up and I nearly sprung out of bed just hearing the news. "Oh my GOODNESS!! REALLY?!" Lucius put his hands out in front of him and showed a clear distraught face, "but-"
I mimicked him as my face grew dim, "but what?!". 

"Well we found traces... with Doctor Hugo Strange. He's the one who actually has the cure for the virus". I slouched back into the firm bed. "Ugh- SO basically we're back at square one again?! I'll never be cured. I'll never have a normal life." I looked down angrily at my feet poking out of the bedsheets. My uncle intervened, "All we have to do is track him down, find out where he's keeping the antidote, retrieve it, then we can make more of the antidote...enough for us and Lee." I couldn't help but listen to the overwhelmingly loud ticking sound from the clock on the opposite wall, watching it slowly move every second I chose to stare at it. With every tick, every sound it made, I felt an inch closer to loosing it all. I clenched my fist and took a deep breath. "Look (Y/n), you know we catch these guys every-time. You know he has no chance against me!" my uncle said, trying to shed some light on the situation. A little bit of the old me came back, I smiled slightly, "You're right. Go get em' ". The moment I said that I heard a voice echoing in my head, "He's wrong. He's only trying to make you feel better with these lies on top of lies. There's no possible chance he could catch someone as smart as Hugo." Not realizing how hard I balled my fingers into a fist I opened up my hand and felt an unusual cool breeze touching it. Blood ran down my palms and slid its way down my arm. I twisted my arm around as it shook, and looked up to see my uncle and Lucius glancing at me. 

"We're in a race against time to find a cure (y/n)...we're here to help you." Lucius muttered.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- SORRY! I think I published this already but unpublished it- The next few chapters for the storyline are more going to be based off of things I've created but will shortly go back to the TV shows storyline. Don't worry I'm not going to steer too much off of its course but still keep it relevant!