Suspicion

(Y/N)'s POV-6:32 PM

As always the GCPD was dark and dreary, nearly sucked the life out of you if you stayed there long enough. The whole room was scattered with people running all over the place. Observing every detail from a far, I decided I would walk over to my uncle's desk to see what he was up to.

"Hey Uncle Jim!"

"Hello (Y/N)" he sighed, shuffling papers and files.

Lately he was acting strange, weirder than usual. Something was up, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Need help with anything?" I offered even though I really didn't feel like organizing his files or papers again.

"Nope."

"Like anything? Files.. Papers... Life??"

He peered his head up from his desk, raising his eyebrow at me, confused. "Life?"  he spat out.

"You've been acting different ever since the whole thing with Frank happened. I just want  to make sure you're okay? Maybe I could help you find a counselor or something to talk-"

"I don't need a counselor. I need you to go back where you were sitting and stay there." he huffed.

shheesshhh, attitude ALERT!!! 

I nodded my head and went back to where I was sitting, watching my uncle's every move. Eventually he got up, addressed something to Harvey, then walked out of the GCPD. I expected him to come back a few seconds later thinking maybe he forgot about me or something. Nothing.

My legs dragged themselves through the GCPD and out the door to see where he was heading, "Ohhh no you don't" I heard a voice boom behind me. Harvey dropped his muscular hand onto my shoulder, preventing me from exiting the building. I sighed and turned around. "Your uncle told me to keep an eye on you, he's going to be doing some private investigations on his own." I quickly shook my head side to side, "No he's not. Something's telling me he's not doing that." He gave me a confused look, "Huh?" . There was no time to explain, "Harvey, we have to go now, Follow Jim, do something-" He cut off my rambling, and intervened "(Y/N) we can't-". I decided my best motive to convince him of trusting me, "We're loosing time!!" I shouted than ran out the door, listening to him chanting my name behind me as he tried to catch up, I saw Jim starting his car and reversing onto the street. I hid behind a bush.  "(Y/n)! Get back in here!" I heard Harvey sigh heavily as I got into the squad car waiting for him to drive me wherever Jim was going.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

Jim parked in front of a wealthy looking two story home, what was he doing here?

"You know your uncle is going to kill me when he finds out I took you here!"

"I'm sorry Harvey, you have to trust me on this one. He had a look in his eye. Something suspicious..." I gazed out of the window, observing everything he did. He waited in his car, staring at the wheel blankly.
"I'm going in." Harvey immediately shot my idea down, "NO! ARE YOU CRAZY KID? NO WAY AM I LETTING YOU GO IN THERE and mess around with the investigation."
"Trust me. What I'm about to find out could be beneficial for the both of us. It'll ease my conscience knowing what's up with my uncle." Yet again Harvey let out a deep sigh, I gave him a big hug and then exited the car ducking below, waiting for Jim to go in the house. After several minutes of more pondering he got of the car and trotted inside. I got up against the wall of the side of the house. Trying to find another way in. Suddenly I heard someone open a back door near me, taking out the garbage. I watched them from behind an air conditioner box as they bent down and placed a door stopper, leaving the door all open for me to enter. As quick as I could carry my legs, I rushed inside, attempting to make the least amount of noise as possible. The moment I stepped foot inside I felt relief. But this mission wasn't over yet.
"James Gordon, let me show you the court since you show an interest in the society like Frank Gordon."
I hid behind another furniture piece as I felt them pass by me. Making sure I was alert and aware of my surroundings at all times, my head swung left to right making sure no one was watching me, then I made my move closer to wherever this creepy lady was taking my uncle.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎
They entered a room, from a distance I noticed everyone properly sitting straight up in a chair perfectly. Almost too perfect. That wasn't the only strange thing I noticed... they all had owl masks covering their eyes to hide their identities. The room was dead silent, any move or breath I took could be the end for me. My uncle Jim walked in and around the table to be front and center of attention.
"May I ask the court to rise."

The slender lady ordered, placing her mask over her bun and upon her eyes

The slender lady ordered, placing her mask over her bun and upon her eyes. Everyone took directions and stood up. She then turned her body to my uncle, now interrogating him with questions about his loyalty to the society. "Do you James Gordon agree to keep their council a secret." He huffed but confidently said, "Yes." The strange woman then asked one last question, "And do you James Gordon promise to follow any orders the council may give you?" This time I could tell his breathing was off a few beats, making him uneasy. "Yes." Cheerfully the woman's face lit up with delight as she faced the court. "I'd like to welcome a new member of the council... " she took a long un-necessary pause. "James Gordon." I saw him lift an owl mask and put it on his face, showing his membership.

My heart dropped five feet below me

My heart dropped five feet below me. What has my uncle gotten himself into?

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎

A/N- HII YOU GUYSS!! I missed you all so mucchhhh!! 💕 I'm seriously thinking about ditching the schedule because I miss talking to you guys frequently! I'm definitely not sure about this chapter... let me know what you think! Can't wait to write up more drama and chaos for this fanfic! And a bonus mini read will be included in the next chapter!💕💕