The Magician

(F/C)- Favorite Color

Saturday 6:52 PM/ Jim Gordon's Apartment

I selected a few of my favorite accessories from the loads of shopping bags Bruce spoiled me with for the Charity Ball. One glamorous pair of diamond studded earrings, and a dazzling silver necklace. The dress I picked from the bag was (f/c) and had a train that flowed from the back, making me feel like a true princess. It was made by one of Gotham's top dress designers... Bruce didn't go cheap with the items he gave me. Lee curled my hair for me, and might I say she was a magnificent hair stylist!!!

"Lee where on earth did you learn to do hair like this?" I said, admiring my mixture of loose and tight curls resting neatly on my shoulders.

"Just practice, that's all" she chuckled, playing with my curls lightly.

"You two look lovely tonight! (Y/N) I'm not so sure if I want you going anymore with Bruce!"  my uncle blurted.

I laughed a little as Lee walked over to him, holding him close.

"You sure you can't attend tonight Jim?" she questioned.

" I'm sorry Lee I've got a few cases I have to wrap up by tonight-" he leaned over grabbing his badge and credentials.

She made a face of disappointment, "Lee I will try my very best to make it out tonight."

"It's okay Jim you've got work to do."

The door bell rang, Time for the Ball!!

I shortly realized I sounded like a modern version of Cinderella heading to the Ball.

Uncle Jim opened the door swiftly while placing his credentials and badge in his back pocket.  "Evening Detective Gordon, is (Y/N) here?"  I walked around my uncle, to reveal myself to Bruce.  His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised a few feet.

"Bye Uncle Jim

"Bye Uncle Jim. See you later! Bye Lee! See you at the Ball this evening!"

Jim gently grabbed my arm before I headed out with Bruce and Alfred "I want you back no later than 11:30, you know it gets dangerous at night, stay with Bruce and Alfred at all times, I don't want someone to kidnap you." His eyes showed he was scared about putting his trust in me, but little did he know I'd prove him he could trust me! 

"Sir yes sir!" I saluted him jokingly and followed Bruce around the corridor to the limo outside.

"(Y/N) you look absolutely stunning in that gown!" his face turning into a sweet smile, I returned the favor and gladly answered "Thank you, Bruce, you look handsome as well."  Bruce slowly brushed his hand over my hand, seeming as if he wanted to hold it but was too afraid or something.  I flipped my hand around like you flip a pancake and caught his fingers falling into the gaps of my hand.