Gotham City High

We pulled up into Gotham City High School,

from the outside it looked nice and neat, everything seemed to be in order.

Students walking to the door in an orderly fashion, wearing

But what about the inside?

Today would be the day I find out.

"Ok (Y/N), got your bag, lunch, everything ready to go?"

"Yup!" my grin slowly fading away, biting my the lower part of my lip anxiously I spat out a thought, "Uncle Jim, I'm nervous!! I don't think I can do this..."

"You'll be fine (Y/N),  School is somewhere you can make some friends, don't look at it as a scary place."

Uncle Jim moved his gear shift lever to park mode as I opened the door to get down. 

He rolled down the window, " By the way, I called up someone I knew about your age to help you get through the first day." 

Expressing my confusion I asked, "Huh?"

"His name is Bruce Wayne, he's the boy with the black hair walking to that bench by that tree over there."

I noticed Bruce standing, then sitting gracefully on a bench by himself... From a far he looked kind of cute! 

Jim interrupted my thoughts, "Now (Y/N), I've got to get to the GCPD by 8:45, have a great day!"

As I waved him goodbye and wished him the same, he shouted

"Bruce is taking you home!!" 

"Whhattttt?!" 

"Don't worry I trust him. I'll pick you up at his place around 5:30. See ya!"

I watched him in shock speedily drive off , leave me, and now let me go home to a complete STRANGERS HOME?! My uncle Jim is CAHHH-RAAAA-ZEEEEEE!! 

 l slowly took a few steps backwards, stopped, then suddenly was tapped out of my inner thoughts,

"AHHH!!!" I screamed turning around.

"WHA!-" Bruce shouted behind me.

both of our hands in the air as if we just saw a monster.

"Oh my goodness... You scared me!!!" I said

"I'm sorry, my apologies... I'm Bruce Wayne. You must be (y/n) right?"

"Well as matter of fact yes I am. Nice to meet you Bruce."

"Nice to meet you too, (Y/N)"

Bruce seemed to be staring in my eyes for what seemed like longer than he should.

*DING DING*

"Well-" I intervened 

"Let me take you to your first class- show you around the school a little bit, perhaps introduce you to a few people I know." He said joyfully.

---------------------------------------

9:43 AM/ Gotham City High

So far school seemed alright, nothing anything too interesting.  Just boring lectures said by teachers who are also bored out of their minds, just passing on their boredom to students.

Finally, 2nd period ended..thank the lord!!! Now onto third with Bruce!

3rd period was fine arts, a class where I could actually enjoy myself. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Bruce caught me in the hallway.

"Hiya Bruce!"

"Sooo... How's school so far?"

"Well... so far just average." 

"What? Anything here in Gotham City is beyond just average."

What did he mean by this? I figured I should ask...

"Bru-" 

"HI THERE! WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR GOTHAM CITY HIGH CHEERLEADERS?!"

A cheerleader with puckered up vibrant pink lips asked me,

"Uh--" 

As if I had answered yes, she shoved a flyer in my hands.

"Tryouts are next week! Be sure to practice and preform your own choreography to one of these songs on the list. Hope to see you there!" and like that she was gone and onto the next victim.

"Do you think you'll join, (Y/N)?" Bruce questioned

"Whatt??? I don't think so, Cheerleading? Cheerleading is definitely not something I specialize in. I'm more of a person who sits back from a far and observes." I reply back with sincerity. 

"I think you'd make a great cheerleader! You should give it a shot." said Bruce.

" don't think they'd let me in-" I said, disbelieving in any chance I had in making the team.  Bruce interrupted, "You won't know unless you don't try!" 

I smiled at him, "You know what- you're right! Maybe I'll give it a shot.. maybe just maybe."