Discussions

--- 10:38 PM/ At the GCPD---

Jim's POV

"Jim I know you feel stressed, having to take care of things at the GCPD and now your niece. It's a lot, I don't blame you." Lee caressed my face.

"The thing is... I can't believe my brother murdered his own wife, leaving his two children to take care of themselves on their own." I rubbed my dry eyes, gently tugging them with anxiety.

I added with another thought "I should've known something was up when he abruptly stopped having contact with me... I should've known... I should've checked up on the kids.. but I didn't."

Lee stopped me from furthering myself into anymore self pity

"Jim- Stop it. All you can do now is focus on what's right in front of you, there is nothing you can do about it, don't dwell in the past." she said with her comforting voice.

"How can I give her the life she deserves after all that's happened ?" I question
Lee slid her warm hand into mine
" You can enroll her into Gotham High School, giver her a room in your apartment... anything with you is better than the life she had before, don't over think this."
"But once people find out I'm (Y/n)'s uncle... she might become a potential target."  Nervous just talking about the thought of that.
"I wouldn't feel scared, You're Jim Gordon. Every obstacle that's come your way you've shown who's boss and conquered it! You're a superhero in disguise. You're my superhero."
Lee was the only one that could make me smile like no other.
After thinking for a few moments I came up with an idea...
"I just thought of something... what if I introduce her to Bruce Wayne? A nice, respectable young boy her age, with a bodyguard butler."
"See Jim- you can solve anything."
I smiled at Lee and leaned in for a small kiss.

(Y/N) POV

I walked around the depressing hallway of the GCPD out from where Harvey and I were, stopped by someone with the name-tag labeled, Edward Nygma.

"You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?" curiosity filling his eyes.

"uhh.." I had to think about this one...

"A reflection?" I answered uncertain.

"Ah-ha! Correct, Smart cookie eh?" He chuckled at his own joke.

"Yeah.. Smart cookie!" I replied.

"Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What am I ?"

I couldn't believe out of all the riddles he gave me, this one actually kind of stumped me.

" Maybe I'm not such a smart cookie anymore-" Glancing at his tag to say his name, "-Edward"

" The answer is.." raising his pointer finger " Nothing! Don't worry" he put his hand upon my shoulder " this one always stumps people."

Jim came towards us along with Lee, "(Y/N) Let's head home, Lee's coming home with us tonight."

"Okay, I'm coming. ..See you later Edward! Thanks for the Riddles" I grinned and walked over to Jim, placing his muscular hand behind my back, pushing me forward out of the GCPD.