Aftermath

A/N- (YOUR FAVORITE FOOD)- (Y/F/F))

8:23 PM~ (Y/N) POV~ ER Room 242

I impulsively woke up, startled, my breathing was out of control with extra oxygen being flown into my lungs. I heard a screeching sound from a machine next to me.

"Shh.. shh.. It's okay (Y/N)" my uncle reached out his hands towards me.

I laid back in my bed with my nasal cannula in my nostrils and endless amounts of cords and wires attached to what seemed like each part of my body.

"Doctor said you did great in surgery, it took them 3 hours, recovery would take-"

Not even paying attention to what he was saying as I stared at the wall in-front of me motionless, I interrupted "Do you really love me?" I turned to him slowly. "Of course I do, why would you think otherwise?" he grabbed my hand tightly, gazing into the pupils of my eyes. I immediately felt a tear stream down my face. Next thing I knew my eyes had turned into waterfalls, water rushed against my cheeks. I looked back at the wall because I couldn't speak to him without bawling my eyes out even more. "Because. You told Jervis you loved Lee more.. All I've ever wanted in my life was to feel loved uncle Jim. When I came to Gotham and reunited with you I felt it for the first time in my life. To only find out it was all fake." My eyes sealed themselves shut, forcing out all the water that had stayed inside. "(Y/N) Listen to me. Jervis tricked me. In my mind I wanted to save you from getting struck so I thought that with me telling Jervis I loved Lee more, she would've taken the bullet, not you." I turned to him, doing that weird gasping thing you can't control yourself from when you cry too much. My heart wanted to believe him, but my mind was thinking otherwise. "(Y/N) I love you more than you know. Jervis was trying to trick me, play games with my mind..You are the #1 thing I want to protect more than anything. Ever since you came to Gotham, you've given me a reason to get up in the morning." I gazed deep in his eyes, I could tell he was speaking the truth. My uncle smiled and chuckled, "I can't imagine where I'd be at this exact moment without you in my life, smiling, laughing... You've brought happiness in me." I smiled, feeling flushed with red. "You too Uncle Jim, You too." My lips wanted to show a smile but where brought down from all the crying and emotions I was going through in that very moment. My uncle brought his hand up to my head, ruffled my hair around a little bit, and happily commented "Now I want you to get some rest.. Here let's get this-" He began pulling up my bed sheets, fluffing my pillow, and and tucking me in. "Comfy? Everything good?" He asked, bringing his hands up showing me a thumbs up or thumbs down response. "Everything's great Uncle Jim. I love you." He kissed the top of my forehead and headed towards the door, "I love you too... I'm going to go check on dinner for us both, I'm starving!" I chuckled a little bit. He returned a chuckle and gave a small smile , then left the room. My eyes felt heavy, and I closed them.

8:45~ Gotham General Hospital Cafeteria~ JIM'S POV

I felt a wave of relief come over me as I had resolved and worked everything out with (Y/N). I trotted towards a cafe and hoped to find something (Y/N) and I liked. My eyes searched long and hard for something on the menu... perfect! I found her favorite food, (y/f/f), and some coffee for me. This was going to be a long night so anything to keep me awake would be helpful. I decided I would need to call a few people...

The first person on my list who I wanted to call was my partner in crime, Harvey. I wanted to get all of this off of my chest and vent to someone. He was great for that. "Harvey!-"

"Hey Jim, how's everything going?"

"Not so good. I was dragged to a Tea party hosted by non other than Jervis Tetch."