Its Getting Stronger

(Y/N)'s POV- 3:22 PM

I had been left alone again in the same clinic room as my uncle and Lucius began trying to track down Hugo for an antidote. I was alone with nothing but my thoughts.

Reoccurring thoughts of my past with my father, Jerome, everything that went wrong in my life continued to replay over...and over... and over again. It was almost like a carousel of memories except I wasn't able to slow down or get off the ride. My hands began trembling vigorously. The palms of my hands began sweating. I suddenly felt the urge to stand up from my bed and splash some water in my face to make the symptoms go away. My legs carried me over to the sink attached to the wall with a mirror above it. As I turned the handle it gave a loud squeaking sound that somewhat sounded amplified, almost making me internally cringe. I ran my fingers underneath the coolness of the water and let it gather in my cupped hands so I could pour it against my face. Finally enough was gathered and I let it slowly drip down my cheeks and forehead. I looked back at the mirror and saw myself staring back intently. Only it wasn't my own reflection... it was what the Tetch virus turned me into. Deep black holes were punctured in my eye sockets, veins spread across my face like rivers drawn on a map. Tears rushed to my eyes as I continued to stare at myself... the more and more I spent looking at the mirror the more I wanted things to change...things to be different. I screamed and swung my body around to hit something that was near me. I found a perfectly good wall and used it as my punching bag. Once I hit the wall it only fueled more to the fire, I repeatedly hit it over and over again, knocking things out of their place, screaming and crying in vain. A loud overbearing ringing sound overcame my ears and thoughts and caused me to crouch down. I saw my uncle rush in along with Lucius, "GO AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU!" I shouted as I sobbed, my uncle still continued to walk over my way as if I hadn't warned him at all. "I SAID GO AWAY!-" He tried to restrain me, but by that point I felt too weak to fight back and starting uncontrollably crying as I made my way to the floor.. "G-G-go away..." I was now in a fetal position, rocking back and forth on the floor. Lucius looked around at the damage I'd done to the place in shock, he took a big gulp before intervening, "(Y/N) we found where Hugo has it. We can get the virus" I looked back up at him with water in my eyes, "Really?!"

Jim's POV- GCPD Locker Room- 4:30 PM

We were about to head to go bust Fish and Hugo in the act and retrieve their antidotes as I got my coat and badge from my locker. Harvey suddenly burst threw the doors,  "You ready to go catch us some bad guys?" In all honesty I wasn't in the mood for his sarcasm or jokes. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands. "What's wrong Jim? You seem on edge about something." I turned off the sink and looked at Harvey from the reflection of the mirror. "I am."
"Well, what about?" 

"You know how much pain Jervis has caused on my niece? On me? Its sickening..disturbing.. He needs to be brought to justice and PAY for what he's DONE!" 

Harvey threw his head back a little surprised at my anger I had bottled up inside, "That's exactly what he wants from you Jim. The more you let this get to you, the more you let him win. You can't let someone like him ruin your life. We're already on our way to get the antidote things will get back to normal in no time-" in the middle of his sentence someone on the intercom of his walkie talkie asked for his assistance down in the precinct before he left on his investigation. "I'll be over in a second Claire thanks... Look Jim, this is just temporary.. I'll see you in a few" and with that he left. I turned my head back to my reflection and couldn't help but feel responsible for all of this... and that's when I lost it. I threw my hand into the mirror, hearing the glass shatter around me. When I brought my hand back I noticed it was covered in dozens of cuts and scrapes, drizzled with blood. 

I couldn't let Jervis win.

☁︎ ☆☁︎ ☾ ☁︎☆ ☁︎