Foggy Memory

Lee and I found ourselves kept as hostages.

"Wowww...." Jerome patted his gun a few times "Well that is quite a story. You know that I've been dead... doesn't that seem kind of crazy to you?" his eyes wandered on both of us.

I couldn't bare to look at his open flesh that seeped onto the wrapped in cloth now soaked in his blood.

"Tell me more about this cult.. they think I'm pretty great, huh?" Jerome pointed the gun at either of us to answer. It was odd being around Jerome. In the back of my mind I felt something wasn't right.. he seemed to have forgotten his past because he had acted like we had never seen each other before.

Lee's lips curled in disgust "They're a bunch of idiots and lunatics." Jerome swerved up from sitting down and pondered "Ohhh.. lunatics and idiots? My kinda people." After raving about his own cult that was formed after his death, he began choking on air...

"Ooo-Sorry! My head's still a little fuzzy" Jerome made his way towards Lee and I putting his face into ours, then slowly backed away, turning his head like a confused dog as if he had realized something.

"I know you, right?" He stared deep down into my soul.

"Uh huh." I mumbled under my breath,

"Were we uh.. ever boyfriend and girlfriend??..."

"NO- thank goodness." I exclaimed at him.

"Oh..we can make that change for sure, for sureeeee."

I rolled my eyes at his incredibly cringe worthy ways of trying to flirt.

"And you..." his short pace to Lee, "You're Jim Gordon's little Twinkie" he grabbed Lee's neck nearly about to squeeze it, holding the weapon steadily to her. "Easy, easy" lee whimpered calmly trying to get Jerome out of her space like that.

Letting go of Lee he continued to question,

"By the way.. how are you and Jimbo? You still together or?!" Jerome was intrigued with the idea of catching up on what he missed while he was dead.

"No-" Lee replied, obviously triggered by this question. I never did really find out why or what happened in my uncle and Lee's relationship, my uncle never revealed why, I always thought maybe he was too hurt by it since he was always reluctant to speak of the matter.

"Owhh!! That's a shame! I really liked you guys! Hey.. what happened?" He pouted,

"He killed my husband on our wedding night." Lee hissed. Nothing but deep laughs came from Jerome's mouth. No sympathy, no remorse, just laughs. My heart sank 20 feet below my body, I felt my face having the urge to shrivel up into deep confusion. My uncle? A murderer now? There was a serious problem within my family and I can't seem to run away from it.

"Glad you find it funny" she added, "I do!!!" Jerome began belly laughing, "I can see why you don't!" His giggles roared and echoed all around my conscience.

"You know there's about 500 cops waiting on the other side of the door ready to kill you right now." Lee blurted

"You know when I was last seen uh, alive... I was about to kill Bruce Wayne-"

I suddenly gasped, "NO!"

"Oh my... you have a thing for dear old Brucey?" Jerome leaned into me puckering my face with his hand as I attempted to keep a straight face. "Guess that's the first thing I'll be fixing, we're supposed to be together right?! Not you and Bruce! Now let me ask you a question?? Where's my face?"

"Turn on the TV and see for yourself." I intervened.

"Hmmmm...." he began to walk slowly towards the TV with his hands behind his back, then made his way to retrieve an officer uniform, quickly disguising himself as an officer.

Now with Jerome's not so great plan of attempting to look like an officer he ranted,

"Ya know I'm not really appreciating this negative energy I'm receiving from the both of you for my arrival back to life! Aren't you two happy I'm here?"

"Estatic." I felt my eyes roll themselves to another dimension.

He placed his weapon near my face, positioning it near my chin. "I am loving this enthusiasm (y/n)! Now save it for the show princess." He grabbed a clean wrap of bandages from the closet of the examination storage room wrapping it around and inside my mouth so I couldn't speak for myself, and did the same to Lee.

Jerome turned on the TV inside the examination room anyways shortly after admiring us both.

He stared intently into the screen, "Oh lookie there it is!! But that man has no stage presence or charisma! He is a handsome fellow, eh?" Jerome confidently put on a GCPD police officer uniform hat on top of his bandaged head. Fixing his bandages he whispered"Keep watching Lee! You don't want to miss what happens next!".

"Let's go princess." In an instant Jerome grabbed and carried me out of the room, the last thing I saw was Lee's eyes widening in shock as he pulled out a sack over my head so I couldn't see where I was going. I squirmed around left and right trying to get out of his arms only seeing darkness surrounding my views.

"If you keep this up I won't let you see dear old Bruceyy one last time so I'd keep quiet." he huffed at me.

I heard us making our way out the door and into a car, a police car? Yes! It was confirmed it was a police car after I heard the screeching sound of sirens on the roof. Question is... how did he get it? Now I'd have to wait to see where he'd take me and somehow figure out a way to save both Bruce and I. Oh Geez.

☆☆☆

A/N- AHHH!! I'm sorry for the delay I fell asleep before I could finish this chapter, I woke up and was like need to finish it!! I'm ready for the next chapter!! WhOOHOOO!!!