0:01

Melissa

After a long day at college and a long day of shooting for a swimsuit company I'm finally free for a least a day or two -I wasn't really bothered to look at my schedule. While driving all the way from San Clemente to Los Angeles I decided I wanted ice cream so I drove myself to my local Ralphs.

Getting a big shopping cart, because I might as well shop for groceries, I start to roam around the store getting what I needed for my apartment in the next couple of days. When I get to the dairy products aisle I start to hear people snickering. I thought that being 10pm on a wednesday I would be the only costumer here. I look to my right and find three guys staring at me and as soon as they realize they've been caught they turn to the other side.

Ugh, men.

I take a couple of frozen pizzas from the freezer and start to look for the Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I found it and with excitement I try to grab it but a voice interrupts my feeling of glory.

"Cherry Garcia is way better" said the voice.

"No it's not, cookie dough wins by far the best ice cream flavor ever" I said before looking at the person.

It was a he. A tall, probably 6' or more, blond and buff guy with a tad huge camera in his hand filming both of us. I knew him.

"Jake Paul? Is that you?" I asked him as a big smile appeared in both of our faces.

"Melissa Ruiz. Long time no see, gorgeous" He said before hugging and lifting me from the floor.

I hugged him back with excitement. He was one of the first people I met when I moved from Colombia for college three years ago.

"Jesus, I didn't think I'd see you again J"

"I thought the same thing. Tell me, how is college?"He asked as he set me back down. 

"It's good, I just have to get thought finals, all I have a semester left and I graduate"

"That's great. Oh, guys come here. I want you to meet an old friend," he said to the two guys he was with previously. "Melissa, these are Kade and Anthony. Guys, this is Melissa."

"Nice to meet you, Anthony. Kade, I believe we already know each other..." I said remembering his face from somewhere.

"Yes, I photographed you for a small campaign early this year. I wasn't expecting you to remember me." Kade said after a small laugh.

"Wait, you're Ruiz, Melissa Ruiz?" Said Anthony.

"Yes, why?"

"Tristan was showing me you Instagram a couple of nights ago. You're really pretty".

"Thanks, that's sweet of you"

"So what are you up to this late?" asked Jake shoving his camera into my face.

"I was just shopping for a couple of things before I go home and sleep for 12 hours. Why?"

"You should come back to the team 10 house and chill for a bit. We have to catch up, it's been a long minute since we last saw each other".

"Yeah, you should come. I really want to see Tristan's face". Kade said with a mischievous grin.

It was either going home alone and stuff my face with ice cream or hang out with a really old friend. Of course the second choice. 

"Uh, yeah, sure. Just let me pay for these things, leave them at my place and I'll get to yours later" 

"I'll come with you so you don't take long. Tony, you and Kade go back home. I'll get there with Melissa in a few" Jake said tossing his car keys to them.

After I paid for my things, Jake helped me to place them in my car's trunk. We got to my place after a couple of minutes of driving, he was telling me how he created this "Team 10" and who the members were. After putting all the groceries in my fridge or on the cabinets we decided it was time to go to his'.

Little did I know that this late, they were still as awake as one can be.

_____________

Word count: 705

5.16.2017