00:49

Sorry I didn't upload on the weekend, I had to study a lot so I didn't have the time for it. But enjoy this chapter I wrote instead of studying for a physics test I have in an hour.

You know, priorities.

Melissa

"Are you ready for today?" Tessa asked once I got inside her car.

"Yes, we have to win T"

Yesterday we had decided to have this little girls vs boys battle but since it was already late, we thought it'd be better to do everything today. So we spent the rest of the evening planning how the competition would be.

Tristan and Chad were going to be the 'hosts' and Nathan the camera guy, since this whole thing would be going up on the boys' youtube channel, and the competition will be arranged with kind of phases. Archery, intelligence, strength, soccer, balance, speed. Almost everything at once.

We got to a huge open soccer field in San Clemente and the competition started, Chance and Anthony VS Tessa and I.

Speed- we had to give a full lap around the place and the one who spent the least amount of time got a point. Soccer; we were given 20 minutes and the team who scored more goals wins. Tessa and I won. Balance- Tristan and Chad had managed to 'build' a 40 feet long path were we would walk on to be able to get water buckets from the other side and bring them to the beginning so we could start to fill up a bigger bucket. The team that gets more water in their buckets and the end wins. We won. The score now was girls 2, boys 1.

The next part was archery and needless to say, the boys won since they are really good at paintball.

"Now for the last stage, Chad and I thought it would be fun to mix things up for intelligence and strength", Tristan said leading us to a small park where Chad was already waiting beside an old and huge swing thingy.

"You guys are going to be hanging from the tallest tube and will be answering some questions we have for you, if you answer it correctly nothing will happen to you", Chad continued explaining.

"What if someone answers wrong?" Tessa asked.

"Great question, Tessa. If you answer the question wrong, Tristan and I will throw water balloons at you"

"If you throw stuff at us we will fall", Tony pointed out.

"Yeah, our hands will get all slippery", I said.

"That's the point, but if you know the answer to all these questions nothing will happen. The person who stays up the longest time, gets a point for their group", Tristan finished explaining.

It was a fucking hot day, we all are sunburnt already and the thought of being under the sun for who knows how much longer killed me.

"I fucking hate this game", I told Tessa.

"I heard you", Tristan shouted.

"I'm glad", I said for him to hear.

"I'm tired, I don't think I'll do well in this", she said falling on the floor.

"Come on guys, it's the last stage. Let's get you hanging", Chad said putting four plastic chairs under the swing thingy for us to be able to reach.

"Ready guys? Ready ladies?" Tristan asked as we all held tight onto the metal tubes.

"1..2..3.. go", Chad said pulling the chairs away from us.

"First question, what is the largest number?" Tristan asked.

"Infinity" Tessa said.

"Infinity times three", Chance said, obviously not knowing what to say.

"A google something", Tony said at the same time that I said "A googolplex?"

"Anthony and Melissa are correct", Tristan said before he threw water balloons to Tessa and Chance, water lightly spraying me.

The questions were going as well as the time. Tessa had fallen down two questions ago after Chad threw her a water balloon, and Tony had just fallen down claiming he had injured his shoulder and the pain was killing him.

"Next question, if I have a ton of feathers, and a ton of steel. Which one is heavier?"

"Steel", Chance and I answered in unison.

Without any words or a warning, we were bombarded with balloons.

"They both weigh a the same", Chad laughed throwing more balloons.

"Next question", Tristan said trying to create suspense.

We were both soaking wet, tired and probably with sun stroke. My arms were aching so much I really was thinking in letting go but Tessa's face of hope and Tony's comments really were what was pulling me through.

I could tell Chance wanted this to end, his face expressions and him grunting every five seconds could tell he was as tired as I was.

"Last question everybody, what is the monetary unit of Guatemala?"

"Oh fuck, I remember this one. It's your favorite word to use on scrabble", Chance exclaimed.

"I won't say it until you say it", I said.

"Okay, let's say it at the same time", he proposed.

"1..2..3 quetzals", we loudly said at the same time.

"Finally", Chance screamed falling to the hot sandy floor.

"And the winner are... the girls", Chad announced making Chance immediately look at me still hanging from the metal bars and then falling to the floor beside him.

"But I answered correctly", Chance said defeated.

"It was who stayed up the longest, not who answered the most right, Chance", Nathan said lightly laughing.

"Yesss", Tessa screamed falling on top of me.

Merely seconds later, we felt more water balloons being thrown at us.

The competition was quickly left behind and soon enough, a water balloon fight started.

__________
Word count: 950

SOTD: Imaginary Parties - Superfruit

-M