00:21

Melissa

"Where is the little gremlin?" I asked mom and dad once we finished dinner, we were all in the living room talking.

"Your brother is-"

"I'm home, why are there suitcases by the stairs?", my brother interrupted my mom as he walked into the room and stopped as he saw me and a smile slowly appeared on his face. "Mel?"

"Hey Gabe", I said and he ran to hug me.

"I missed you, why didn't you tell me you were coming? Why didn't anyone tell me?" he asked all of us.

"It's not me the one to blame, I thought mom or dad would tell you", I told Gabriel, my little but not so little brother. He is 16, finishing his junior year at high school and almost a complete feet taller than me.

"And how long are you staying?"

"I have a couple of days left before I have to go to London for work so Chance and I decided to come here and visit, we are leaving on tuesday to visit his family", I explained to him.

"Chance who?"

"Oh shit, sorry. Chance, this is my little brother Gabriel. Gabriel, this is my boyfriend Chance", I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you, bro", they said and did that boy hug.

"Since Gabriel is here now, should we make this a game night?" Dad asked with a big smile.

Time had passed and we were playing scrabble, Gabe and I being the ones at the top.

"Mel, honey, that is not a word", Chance told me in a fake accent as I finished arranging my word. 

"It is a word", I argued.

"I don't think it is, sweety", dad told me.

"It is, look it up"

"Quetzals, The national bird of Guatemala as well as one of its monetary units", Gabriel said as he read from his phone.

"Q and S on triple word score squares and Z on a double letter score space. 374 points for Melissa", mom announced as she wrote the new score.

"Mel, honey, that is not a word" I said trying to imitate Chance's voice, sticking my tongue at him like the 20 year old adult that I am.

"Well, I think it's better if we go to sleep now", dad said.

"You only want to go to sleep because your losing, dad". Gabe said as dad started to clean the table.

"Leave your dad alone, Gabriel", mom said but still laughed because she knew that dad wanted to end the game just because he was in fact losing.

We finished cleaning up everything and got into our own bedrooms, Chance coming with me to mine. 

"You can have a shower here in my bathroom, I'll take one in the hall's bathroom", I told him as I took a pair of sweats, a big t-shirt and undies so I could change once I showered.

"Sure"

I took a hot shower since being almost midnight it was even colder than when we arrived. I put my clothes on, brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up in a messy bun. The I got out of the bathroom to go into my bedroom with today's clothes in my hands.

"Hey, can I talk with you?" Gabriel said interrupting my steps.

"Sure, what's wrong?"I asked him as I walked into his room, him closing the door behind me.

"Nothing's wrong, i've just missed talking to you", 

"You know you can always call or visit me in LA, you know that", I said with a sad smile.

"I know, but you're always so busy".

"Well, then we will spend these couple of days together, yeah?"

"But you came with your boyfriend, you have to be with him too", he rolled back his eyes.

"I know, but we can all hang out too"

"I won't be third wheeling, thank you" he said making me laugh.

"You won't be third wheeling, don't worry"

"Even if not, it won't be the same. I don't even know the guy, I just know that he sucks at scrabble"

"I know, he's worse at the kitchen, trust me", it was his turn to laugh.

"I just want the best for you, you know?"

"I know, I also want the best for you too. So, what about we hang out tomorrow so you can get to know him so it won't be awkward the rest of the days, and then we'll plan something out so you can go stay with me for a week or two this summer. Sounds good?" telling him that made him smile.

"Deal", he shook my hand.

We talked for a bit more before I went back to my room where Chance was laying on my bed under the covers while on his phone.

"Whatcha doing?", I asked him as I cuddled into him, putting my cold feet on his bare legs.

"Snapchatting Jake", he said as he put an ugly filter on me, quickly snapped the picture and sent it before I could complain. "Why did you take so long?"

"I was talking with Gabe"

"I like him, he's a cool kid", he said putting his phone on the nightstand and pulled me even closer to him.

"He is, we're hanging out with him tomorrow", I said sticking my hand out turning the lamp off, leaving us both in the dark.

"I really like your family", he said after a couple of minutes of complete silence.

"They like you too I can already tell", I kissed his lips and then put my head on his chest getting ready to sleep. "Goodnight".

"Night, baby", he said pulling one of his legs on top of mine and kissing my forehead.

It was a cold but really good night.

_____________

Word count: 908

11k reads

I have drama planned ahead,

Keep the suggestions coming.

btw I want to try something and make it a every day sort of thing? I tell you guys a song I've really liked in the day and you tell me one you've liked too. yeah or nah?

Today's song is Stuck On You - Khalid

-M