00:11

Melissa

Chance:

I miss you

I already told you three times and I'll tell you once more:

 I'm 10 minutes away from the Zenley house, Chance.

Today was Coachella day 2, I didn't get to see Chance nor any team 10 members since I had to stick with the people that had brought me here to take some pictures and sponsor some clothing things and a few apps. Also, Jake had pranked Chance and Anthony into thinking he had gotten them Coachella tickets so they couldn't be at the festival yesterday. 

Today, Jake and Kade are giving them their tickets because they felt bad. Chance and Anthony didn't know yet, it was going to be a surprise for them later on the day hence why Chance was so persistent in me getting to their place as early as I could.

Once I got to the house, I let myself in without knocking on the door bumping into someone.

"Melissa! What are you doing here? Long time no see", he hugged me tightly.

"Hey Mark, I didn't know you were here"

"Looking for Team 10?", he asked me as I looked around.

"Yes please"

"They are in the living room or at the pool"

"Thanks Mark. See you around".

As I was walking into the living room I could feel my phone vibrating from all the texts I was getting from my friends and Chance.

"Stop texting me, I'm already here", I told him as soon as I saw him.

"Took you long enough", he sat me in his lap wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and brushing my neck with his nose making me smile.

"Finally you're here, he was complaining and whining every five seconds", Anthony said from the other side of the couch.

"It's not my fault you don't like cuddling, Tony", Chance said making Tony and I laugh loudly.

***

Erika, Tessa and I were in put bathing suits enjoying the pool, the sun and the party. Drinking some cocktails, the girls and i were taking in the sun while we floated in individual pool floats. As I was floating in a big unicorn float, I heard Erika scream. 

"What happened Rik?", I asked.

"A water balloon, someone is throwing water balloons", she bitterly said now soaking wet. The balloon made her fell out tf her pizza float into the pool. 

Tessa and I looked at each other and not wanting our hair to get wet, we got out of the pool. As soon as we did we heard screams from everyone getting hit by the water balloons. I looked around and the only people I didn't see were Kade and Jake. I somehow managed to get a balloon before it exploded against the ground and threw it back to where they were coming from.

Silence. Then Jake screamed.

As they came back in, Kade was crying laughing as a frowning Jake walked right behind him.

"It's a taste from your own medicine, bro", Anthony said.

Since Erika was soaking wet, us three girls decided to go into their room so we could get ready for the festival. 

"So Mel, What's up with Chance?",Erika asked while she tried to towel dry her hair.

"What about him?"

"You like him, don't you?", Tessa asked.

"Yes", I looked at both of them not knowing where this was going.

"He likes you too"

"I do hope he likes me back, if not it'd be awkward", I laughed nervously.

"But why are you being so negative?", Erika asked.

"I'm scared. It's that... my last relationship-"

"With Jay Alvarrez is it?", Tessa interrupted me.

"Yeah, well, me and Jay were really popular social media-wise. You may think that we had this perfect relationship but we didn't. It was far from perfect. I've been modeling since I was 10 years old and this industry is really tough so I used to compare myself with other girls and beat myself up thinking that I needed to be the skinniest and the prettiest one and Jay didn't even think twice in helping me believe that. I mean, he was one of the first people I met when I moved here from Colombia. 

"Every time I had a bite of something that wasn't in my diet I would force myself not to eat for the rest of the day and go to the gym twice as I'd usually go just to burn it out. He was also mean to me, he would always acuse me of cheating on him with every male that even looked my way so I isolated myself from my friends, I think that's why Jake and I stopped talking all that time back. And when we broke up last year I realized that he was cheating on me for a probably six or so months with a girl that I swore was my friend. They both were with me because of my fame. 

"It's been a long journey I mean I really have trust issues. I was afraid when Jake asked me to come back with him to the Team 10's house that night. But I'm really grateful for that. I'm really grateful for every each of you, I'm glad I met all of you". When I looked back at them, they were softly crying. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you didn't deserve all that. Jay is an asshole", Erika hugged me.

"Yes, I know that now. I still don't know what took us so long to end things".

"But now you're not alone. You have all of us", Tessa said hugging me too.

After getting ready for Coachella and taking some pictures, it was now 5pm. Jake and Kade had already given their bracelets to Chanthony, so it was time to go to the festival. Many amazing bands were playing tonight, but when Future was performing and the crowd was screaming at the top of their lungs having the time of their lives I realized I was really lucky.

My life was surrounded by wonderful people, I smiled as I looked at my friends jumping and singing. My eyes connected with Chance's and he lowered his head to we could connect our lips together.

I really am a lucky girl.

________________________

Word count: 1005

What's your favorite song rn? I want to know what music do you listen to.

3.1+ reads.

-M