00:46

What would Chance and Mel's ship name be?

Melissa

"Babe, babe, babe", I heard Chance scream as he let himself inside my house with a key I had given him in case I lost mine.

It's been three weeks since the little trouble with TMX management, I was in fact without an agency. At the moment, it was a hard thing to grasp. It hit me hard that there's still people in the world who think that mixed people aren't worth the same as others, thinking of themselves as pureblood.

I almost go back home to Charlotte for a couple of days but Nick sat me down and gave me this long ass speech of how I've accomplished this much and how I was leaving it all behind if I decided to quit.

So, here I am working my ass off focusing on my internship and leaving the modeling stuff just come to me.

"What?" i asked closing my laptop.

"Why haven't you answered your phone?"

"It was distracting me from work so I left it on my bed", I said sitting up straight on the couch. "What is it?"

"This agency has been trying to reach out to you and they called me", he said excited, grabbing my hands.

"Wait, what? What agency?" I asked.

"The Lions or some thing like that? I heard Erika say they are amazing"

"Yeah, I went to some of their castings when I first moved here and never tried again. What did they say?" I was getting more excited by each second.

"I don't know, they want you to call them and speak to Ryan Murphy", he said handing me a napkin with a number written on it and his phone.

I unlocked it and dialed the number putting the phone on speaker, waiting for someone to pick up.

"The Lions model agency", a man answered.

"Hey, I heard that you've been trying to reach out to me but I was busy at the moment. I was told to ask for Ryan Murphy?", wow how professional.

"What's your name?"

"Melissa Ruiz"

"Wait a second"

Chance had now sat next to me on the couch, his hand rubbing my back in a calming gesture.

"Ms. Ruiz?" The voice of a different man asked.

"Yes?"

"This is Ryan, how are you today?" He formally asked.

"I'm great, what about you sir?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking. Now, we want you to come to New York, how fast can you be here?"

"To New York? I'd have to speak to my boss at the internship", I said hesitant.

"I'd like to have a contact number to this boss you mentioned, we need you here as soon as possible"

"Yeah, sure", I said and gave him Vanessa Jefferson's office number. "And why do you need me in New York so soon?"

"We want to sign you up", he said leaving me in shock. "We will contact Mrs. Jefferson and call you again later to schedule your flight and give you your hotel reservation details"

"Oh, okay", I said and the call ended.

It was all so fast I was just staring at the phone, not believing what was currently happening.

"Does this mean you're back on the business?" Chance asked with the biggest smile on his face.

"I still have to go to NYC and have a meeting with them and sign the contract and oh lord this is amazing", I blabbered.

"I'm proud of you, baby", he said hugging me, leaving a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you", I said with a huge smile.

"Now go change your clothes, Tristan is waiting outside", he said pushing me.

"You left him outside?", I rolled back my eyes trying not to laugh walking to the front door opening it. "Tristan, come on inside"

"Hey Mel", Tristan said hugging me and then walking inside after closing the door.

Leaving them both roam around, I walked to my room and looked for clothes. Grabbing a pair of black shorts and a yellow t-shirt, I got to the bathroom and closed the door so I could change. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, put a bit of makeup on and put on black vans.

"I'm ready" I announced.

"Let's go" Nathan said.

Chance grabbed my car keys and we all got in since they came in an uber.

It was a chill afternoon. We spent the most of it walking around the grove buying some stuff and then met up with Tessa so we could have dinner all together.

When dinner was over, I got a call from Ryan once again telling me he had already emailed me my flight and hotel information for two people, just so I wouldn't be alone the entire trip.

I didn't know who to take with me, Tessa or Chance.

_______

Word count: 809

SOTD: Legends - Sleeping With Sirens

-M