00:25

Melissa

"What do you mean you're not coming back in a week?"

"Well, that I'm not coming back next week as I told you before. I'm coming back in 5 weeks", I said with a small voice.

"Why so long?" he sadly asked.

"Well sorry, I didn't know how to tell you. I was sad too when Karen called me while we were in Charlotte-"

"Wait, you know since Charlotte?" his voice was now getting a bit loud.

"Yes..."

"So you lied to me?" he laughed.

He was mad.

"It's not my fault! It's my job, Chance"

"But you didn't have to fucking lie to me", he said with a loud tone.

"Well I didn't have the heart to tell you that, okay? We were bummed down enough that day that I didn't want to tell you for how long I was actually leaving so stop fucking yelling at me", I said even louder than him, my voice braking at the end.

"Are we really going to fight over this?" I asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

"I don't want to fight", he told me, I could picture him on the other side of the phone call rubbing his face with frustration.

"I don't either", I said with a small voice. "I'm sorry for lying to you, I just thought it was the right thing to do at the moment".

"And I'm sorry for snapping at you"

That was my first fight with Chance, if you can even call it that. It was three weeks ago and everything had changed. Every day the conversations were getting shorter to none and it made me really sad, I missed him.

"Maybe he is busy, you never know", Jake's voice said through the phone.

"I know he's not busy, all he does is play video games with Tony", I said with a sad smile as I kept putting clothes inside my suitcases, Jake's face in the upper corner of my laptop's screen.

"I don't like to see you sad, Mel"

"And I don't like being sad, that's why I'm coming back to LA"

"I will pick you up at the airport, is that okay?"

"Yeah, thanks. So, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Plan: surprise Chance starts now".

***

"I miss you", I said after another moment of silence. It was the first time since I had left that he was the one to call me.

"Yeah,  I think we need to talk", he said wearily.

I had landed in LA a couple of hours ago. Jake picked me up and took me back to my place after picking up food so we could eat as I took a shower and got ready to surprise Chance. Jake had just parked right in front of the team 10 house and I got out pf the truck running inside.

"Can't it wait?" I asked as I walked up the stairs. Tessa and Tony were right behind me, they wanted to see Chance's face when I surprised him.

"No, it cannot wait... I think we should take some time apart" I completely froze outside his room.

What?

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked and Tessa's and Tony's face were blank.

"Yeah?"

"You don't even have the decency of telling me that face to face?" I asked as I opened his bedroom door. "Surprise, baby".

"What are you doing here?" He asked standing up from his chair and ending the phone call.

"Wasting my time and money apparently", I had every emotion possible overwhelming me at that second.

"I thought you weren't coming back in three weeks still"

"I should have listened to my mom, I shouldn't have come here. God, I'm such an idiot", I turned around and made my way down the stairs.

"Wait, baby", he said following me taking my arm to stop me from walking away, I slapped his hands off me.

"Don't you dare touch me. I was missing you so much I bought last minute plane tickets to come surprise you and you're the one that surprised me by breaking up with me. Thanks Chance, I really appreciate the gesture"

"I didn't know you were coming back", he tried to excuse himself. We were making a scene right in front of everyone but I didn't care.

"Oh, so if you knew I was coming back what were you going to do? "

"Calm down, Mel", he tried to touch me once again.

"Don't you dare, Chance. Please", now tears were falling down my face, blurring my vision. "I love you and this is how you end things, I can't believe I'm not even worth it enough for you to stop answering my texts and out of nowhere end everything"

"You love me?" He asked with what I think are tears in his eyes. It was everything he got from what I just said?

"It doesn't really matter now, does it? I know for a fact you don't care about me"

"Wait, please-"

"T, can you please drive me back home? I don't want to be here anymore", I asked her, she was quite close and she had heard my request. She quickly nodded and walked out of the house with Tony and I following her. I wiped the tears from my face just for it to be a mess again.

I jumped in Tessa's car as she started it and backed up from the drive way. I looked up and saw Chance stare at me as I left this house, he looked broken but not as broken as I felt right now.

"I'm really sorry, Mel", Tony said after a couple minutes of silent driving.

"It's okay, it's not your fault"

"I just hope we don't stop seeing each other, Mel." Tessa quietly said.

"Of course not, you guys are still my friends. I just won't come back to that house".

"I'm really sorry about it, I know we have nothing to do with it but I still hate seeing you like th-"

"This is where I stay", I interrupted Tessa and got out of the car.

"But we are still quite far from your place"she argued as I started walking away.

"I need some space, sorry. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said and without waiting for a response from her, I walked away.

Everything was overwhelming me, I wanted to sleep for as long as possible. I felt like I wasn't worth it even for a stupid proper enough breakup.

___________
I wrote this drunk, don't hate me.

Word count: 1083

14k reads

SOTD:
Stay - Rihanna (bc I'm still strung on him and miss him)
Wild Thoughts - DJ Khaled ft Rihanna (bc issa bop and she looks like a damn snack)

-M