00:03

Melissa

I was just out of my bathroom after getting ready for today's workout and wondered if Tessa and Erika would want to come with me. Last night at Jake's house was fun, I really needed a break from school and form work. I see myself hanging out a lot with them, they are really chill. I exchanged phone numbers with the girls. As I'm calling Tessa I decided to make myself a pre-workout smoothie, she picked up on the third ring.

"Yo" she answered wearily. She must've been sleeping.

"Hey Tessa, is Melissa"

"Oh god. Hey Melissa, what's up?" she said with a clearer voice

"Were you sleeping? I can call later if you want" i started to pick frozen berries, fresh bananas and some spinach.

"No, no problem. What'd you need to tell me?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to the gym? You can ask Erika too" I added some protein and almond milk to the mix and blended everything.

"Yeah, I have to shower and eat breakfast though"

"That's ok. I'll pick you up, is that alright?"

Taking my car and apartment keys in my hand as well as my wallet and my smoothie running to my car after closing my door waiting for Tessa's answer.

"Yeah yeah yeah, see you in a bit"

"See you"

I turned the engine on, Beverly Hills by Weezer immediately blasting through the speakers. The drive from my apartment to team 10's house wasn't a long one, probably 10 minutes without traffic. I called Tessa's phone but she didn't pick up, maybe was still in the bathroom so I knocked on the front door.

"Hey Melissa, didn't expect you here this morning" said a sleepy Chance as soon as he opened the door for me.

"Hey" I said giving him a quick hug. "I'm here to pick Tessa and Erika up"

"Erika is in some meetings with Jake and Tessa hasn't come down" he said walking to the kitchen, so I followed him and sat on the kitchen table. He was cooking himself some breakfast.

"I'll wait here with you if that's fine"

"Yeah sure. And sorry for my state, Jake woke me and Anthony up with water balloons this morning and I still haven't woken up entirely" he said while rubbing his eyes.

"I see J is still as annoying as he can be".

"He's always been like that. Hey I meant to ask you last night something"

"Shoot" I kept on drinking my smoothie.

"Why did you move to LA? I mean, what brought you here?"

He had just finished cooking his food so he sat beside me and started to eat, his full attention on me.

"I wanted to study Architecture and Urban Design. I also wanted to move here to the states, and with my modeling career I thought LA would be a great place, with the fact of UCLA being so close too."

"You're a college student? That's a first".

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're really pretty and you've been doing well with the modeling part. I didn't think you'd still want to study. I know a lot of people that as soon as they moved to LA they drop out of school. It's great that the fame hasn't gotten to your head" he blabbered

I had now finished my drink and was going to say something when Tessa ran down the stairs.

"Is Melissa here yet? She's picking me up so we can go to the gym," She exclaimed running right in front of me.

"Yeah, I'll let you know when she gets here" I snickered at her blank face.

"I took too long getting ready, didn't I? I'm really sorry, I had to shave my legs"

"Don't worry, we still have plenty of time. Besides, Chance kept me company while you were upstairs"

"Uhhh, Chance. Such a gentleman" she said moving her brows up and down with a small laugh.

"Shut up, Tessa" he tried not to smile but it was impossible.

****

After the workout, Tessa was dead. I told her it was ok if we didn't do my usual routine, it didn't bother me doing an easier one because she wasn't used to so much hard work but she insisted.

She was wrong.

I drove us both back to her place, I had picked up some clothes from my apartment so that I can have a shower and get ready with her so we could both have a lunch date.

"How was the workout ladies?" Chance asked when he saw us by his room. Tessa went on straight to her room, leaving me alone with him.

"It was good. Tessa is really tired, though."

"Model's gym routine? That's a piece of cake" he said cockily.

"It's not as easy as you believe, dude" i punched his arm.

"ok ok, I believe you. No need for you to be aggressive"he laughed

"Mel, you can now shower"Tessa said sticking her head out of the door.

"Coming!"

As soon as I showered and put on some comfy clothes, as Tessa did too. We walked downstairs where Chance, Anthony and Kade were, apparently they had invited themselves to our lunch date.

It's going to be fun.

_________________________

Word count: 833

Thanks for reading,

vote and comment.

-M