00:20

Melissa

We had just landed in Charlotte and we were waiting for my dad to come pick us up, apparently he'd been stuck in traffic for the last 40 minutes so he was late to get here.

"Here, I bought us some hot drinks", Chance said as he walked to me with two large cups. 

I took the one that had my name written on it and gave it a sip smiling at him, it was vanilla chai with cinnamon and no sugar, my favorite hot beverage. I really loved that he remembered my exact orders every where we went. 

"Why is it so fucking cold here? It's supposed to be summer soon", he complained as he pulled his hoodie sleeves over his hands.

In deed, it was really cold in here. It was only 6 pm and it was freezing but I could already tell tomorrow was going to be a hot day.

"Global warming, babe", I told him and then I realized I had called him 'babe', i've never done that. With huge eyes I looked at him to see that he was already looking at me with a small smile. "Sorry, it slipped".

"It's okay, I like it", he said and he was leaning in to kiss me when I heard a car pull up right in front of us and honk.

"Hey dad", I said with red cheeks and Chance took a quick step back away from me as he realized that my dad had finally arrived.

"Hi kiddo", my dad said as he closed the car door and approached us. "Not a hello hug?"

"Hey dad", I repeated myself and ran into his opened arms.

"So, who is this young man?", he sternly asked to try and sound serious, which he wasn't.

"Good evening sir, I'm Chance Sutton", he said sharing a firm handshake with my dad.

"And who are you to my daughter?", my dad asked as he was now driving all us to his and mom's place.

"Ugh..." Chance didn't know what to say so he looked at me with a scared look in his eyes.

"Dad, I know you know who he is", I said rolling my eyes staring at him from the co-pilots seat.

"I don't quite remember", he trailed but I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"I'm your daughter's girlfriend, sir. I-I mean, your daughter is my girlfriend, I am her boyfriend", he nervously said from the backseat making my dad and I both laugh loudly.

"I'm just playing with you, kid. I know who you are. Mel here wouldn't stop talking about you and that team something guys, but mostly about you"

"Shut up, dad", I punched his arm, we were a block now at my family's place.

"It's true, though". he lightly laughed as he parked and we got out of the car, him and Chance taking our bags inside.

"So, you talk a lot about me?" he said moving his eyebrows up and down in a mocking manner. 

"Fuck you", I said under my breath as he sat beside me on one of the sofas in the living room.

"It's okay, I talk about you a lot to my mom too", he said as he hugged me.

I was going to say something but my mom interrupted us as she came into the room.

"Hello baby, it's been a while", mom said as I stood up and she squeezed me into a hug

"Hi mom, I missed you", I smiled at her as she let me go.

"You must be Chance, she's told us a lot about you", Mom told him as she squeezed him into a hug too.

"Hello ma'am", he said as he hugged her back.

"Forget that ma'am nonsense, you can call me Sofia", she said with a smile.

She then took Chance with her so he could help her in the kitchen, he looked back at me with a scared expression. I really like Chance, but he can't cook for shit. He can cook eggs and bacon but that's it. Laughing at him, I followed them into the kitchen so I could help too.

This was going really well.

__________

I'm really sick and with writer's block (which im blaming on me being sick)

Sorry for the short chapter once again

Word count: 690 (ayyyy)

btw I love when you guys comment, it really brightens my day

-M