00:26

Ya'll really wanted that last chapter so 👀

Melissa

I had just landed in Milan when I turned my phone on, a couple text messages dinging. A couple texts from Jake, Neels, Juanpa, the team 10 groupchat (I don't even know why I'm still a part of that) and lastly Tessa. I opened hers  first because priorities.

T👯:
Hey, where are you? I've been outside your apartment for almost an hour.
Sent five minutes ago.

Oh shit.

Hey, T
I'm sorry, I'm not home

T👯:
I imagined
What time are you coming back home?

In a couple of days maybe

T👯:
What do you mean
Where are you

I may or may not have just landed in Milan

T👯:
Oh
That's okay i guess

Yeah
Sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving

I locked my phone and waited for my luggage, then walked out to take a cab so I could go back to the hotel I was staying two weeks ago before I made the awful decision of surprising my now ex boyfriend.

Not every spontaneous idea turns out as good as you would expect.

Jumping inside the cab and telling the driver where to go, I got a call from Karen.

"Hey Karen"

"Hey, Mel. How was the flight?" She asked.

"It was tiring, a baby kept on crying and-"

"Great, well as soon as you get to the hotel I need you to get ready because a car will pick you up to the last fittings for Dolce & Gabbana" she interrupted me ignoring everything I was saying, typical.

"Yeah sure, what time I'm being picked up?"

"At 2:30 ish. So get settled, take a shower, eat something, I don't know"

"Well, thanks Karen", I said rolling my eyes before she said goodbye and ended the call.

Getting to the hotel didn't take too long, the hotel's bellman helped me with getting my bags inside the building.

"Buongiorno, suite for Melissa Ruiz?" I told the lady at the reception desk.

"Sure, Miss Ruiz", she said with a thick accent and a smile.

"Mel? Is that you?" A familiar voice asked from behind.

"Yeah?" Turning around I saw the familiar voice's owner, "Juanpa Zurita? What are you doing here?" I hugged him, even though I saw him last a few weeks ago he is still one of my closest friends.

"Long time no see", he said breaking the hug. "I'm here for the Dolce & Gabbana runway, I texted you earlier"

"Yeah, I landed not too long ago that's why I haven't read your texts"