00:53

I was listening to Sad Beautiful Tragic and The Moment I Knew on repeat while writing this, so sorry.

Melissa

Today was the launch party for my RENACTIVE clothing line in collaboration with Revolve. I had been working on it for almost a year and nonstop these past three weeks. Staying up late at the factory working on every design and every last minute change.

Everything was going by so fast, something bad was meant to happen and it scared the living shit out of me.

"Hello?", Chance's voice was heard through the phone.

"You picked up", I said more to myself.

"Oh, hey Mel", he said with surprise in his voice.

"Hey Chance", I said.

I didn't even know what I was going to say, I didn't expect to come this far since we haven't spoken much in a while.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Not much, I was just calling to confirm if you're coming to the launch tonight? You didn't RSVP, maybe you forgot to do it or.. I don't know", I said mentally slapping myself for blabbering like an idiot. I felt like I was talking to someone for the first time and not my boyfriend.

"Oh, I forgot it was tonight", he said with a laugh. "But yeah, of course I'll be there"

"Really?" I asked quite surprised.

"Well yes, you are my girlfriend and I want to be there with you every time you get to achieve something new", he said making my heart melt.

"Okay", I said not knowing qhat else to say. "I'll see you tonight then"

"See you babe", he said and hung up.

After that call, I felt like everything was just right.

My makeup artist and my stylist got to my place a little after 2pm to help me get ready for tonight. I was beyond excited.

The time passed and after a small 'red carpet' kinda thing, we were at the party. Everyone was here: Neels, my boo Cindy, Juanpa, Lele, Meredith, Emily, Sydney Carlson, Drew, my LA friends, friends from Charlotte and a couple colombian friends that had moved here not long ago.

"Hey Mel", I heard a voice say.

I turned around and saw Jake, Erika, Tessa, Tony and Ray.

"Omg guys, you came", I said with excitement jumping onto them.

"I'm so proud of you, little one", Ray said giving me a tight hug.

"Hey, congrats", Tessa and Erika said giving me a quick hug before Jake separated us.

"Congratulations, this is incredible", Jake said kissing the top of my head.

"Meh, it could be better", Tony said nonchalantly before breaking and hugging me even tighter than Ray. "I'm so so so proud of you, Mel"

"Thank you all for coming, it really means a lot to me", I said with extreme joy.

"Where's Chance?" I asked Tony

"He said he'll get here later", he said.

"Oh, okay", I said not really trying to think about it and just enjoy myself.

The party was amazing, I spent the next couple of hours dancing with all my friends but I couldn't help thinking about the fact that it was almost 2am and Chance still wasn't here.

"What is it?" Neels asked as I abruptly stopped dancing next to him and Cin.

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry", I tried smiling.

"Come on" Cin said leading the three of us to the club's terrace. "What is it, boo?"

"He hasn't shown up", I said playing with the buttons of my pants, looking at the floor.

"He? Are you talking about Chance?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"When was the last time you guys spoke?"

"At noon, I called him to ask if he was coming and he said he was going to but... the party is almost over and he hasn't even called"

"Maybe he forgot?" She tried looking for a valid excuse for him not to show up.

"Jake and Tessa were constanty talking with him, but he kept saying that he'd be here in 10 minutes. He said the same thing for two hours until they got tired of asking", I said with a sad smile.

"Before today, when was the last day you talked?"

"Last week I think? I just got kind of tired of texting and calling him just for him to ignore me and cancel our plans. He cancelled our trip to the Bahamas for Pete's sake", I said now frustrated.

"He's an asshole", Neels said receiving a punch from Cin. "But it's true, Cin. No one get's to ignore someone and just expect everything to be alright"

"He's right", I said.

"I'm right?" Neels asked astonished. "You always hit me every single time I insult your stupid boyfriend or any team trash member"

"Well, I still don't like that you insult my friends but what you said about him is true. I just love him",

"I know you love him, baby. But you have to love yourself more and think of what is best for you. You can't wait forever for him if he won't do the same for you. It's getting toxic for you to hang onto something not worth it"

"I love him", I said again with a sad smile before my phone started vibrating.

"Who is it?" Cin asked.

"A text from Chance", I simply said before opening the text 

"Hey, I'm sorry can't make it" Neels read it aloud. My heart broke a bit.

"Are you okay?" They asked, Cindy wiping a couple of tears that started to stain my cheeks.

"Yeah, just dandy", I said before walking into the party again.

I looked for my manager who was keeping my purse and asked him for it. After taking it in my hands, I ordered an uber which I only had to wait for three minutes.

It was 3:34am when I got to my house. It felt so lonely at that exact moment, that I just bursted into tears.

Close to 4am, I was already tucked into bed trying to sleep when a call from Chance interrupted my actions.

"You said you'd be there" i said with raspy voice as soon as I picked up my phone.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it", he casually said.

"I'm sorry too", I said and waited for him to say something. Almost twenty seconds of silence and I ended the call.

That was the moment I knew.

____________
Word count: 1072

SOTD: Silence - Marshmallo ft Khalid.

-M