Nightmare (Axl/Steven)

(Art creds Freakygirl8 on Deviantart) 

Guns N Roses were playing a gig at a huge venue somewhere in the US. Steven was grinning as he pounded the drums to 'Nightrain', Axl screaming his lungs out, Slash and Izzy shredding their guitars, and Duff plucking at his bass. 

It was all going so well, until.... BOOM! A loud crash echoed around the venue, so loud and obscure, the band stopped playing (they never do that because they are used to such weird things happening *cough* Axl stage diving headfirst and punching a guy *cough*) But this noise was so loud and so terrifying, it was like someone pressed pause on a video of their concert. 

Everyone stood still. No one moved. Steven trembled dropping one of his drumsticks with a loud CLANK to the hard cement floor. Then, everyone started screaming, the whole place was in chaos. Sounds of guns being shot were heard over the craziness, causing even more panic. 

Steven watched in horror as people from the crowd dropped to the ground, one by one. Someone leaped on the stage. He had a black ski mask and a gun. The man ran up and grabbed Axl. The singer cried in terror as the gun was pointed at his head. Steven couldn't move. The man pulled the trigger and with a loud BAM, Steven watched his lead singer fall to the floor, blood pooling around his head, a deep red. 

Steven tried to reach out, touch Axl, help him, cry out for the other bandmates to run, but he couldn't. The murderer grabbed Slash violently and punched him. The curly haired man fell to the ground, grunting as he tried to stand up and face his opponent. He made eye contact with Steven. Steven could see the terror in his eyes. Then the scary man aimed, pulling the trigger and shooting Slash right in the chest. 

He turned to Steven, but didn't shoot. Instead, he aimed at the two people next to him, Izzy and Duff, and pulled his trigger. Then the man disappeared, and Steven was left alone, surrounded by his dead bandmates.

"NO!" Steven awoke with a start, jolting upright in his bunk on the tour bus. His head hit the top of Slash's bunk with a throbbing CLANK! Slash stirred above him and grumbled something, but fell back to sleep almost instantly. No one else moved.

The blond haired drummer sat in his bed, panting with big breaths, trying to calm his rapid heartbeat. His body was slick with sweat, hair sticking to his forehead from the damp skin. He ran his hands through his knotted hair, slowly becoming calm.

It was just a dream. He thought to himself as he sighed and got back under the covers, closing his eyes to sleep again. But he couldn't. Every time he closed his eyes, he could see the bullets shoot through each of his band members as he just stared. 

Steven didn't even notice, but tears started streaming down his face at a high pace making his nose runny and he started to sniffle. 

Without even realising, he got out of his bunk and walked to the bunk of only one person. That person was sleeping softly, burrowed in blankets, eyes closed and mouth parted slightly. Steven nervously tapped the man on his bare shoulder which wasn't covered with his blanket.

The man shifted, eyes blinking and registering what was happening.

"Steven?"

"Hey, Axl. Um, do you mind if I, yenno, sleep in your bed?"

There was silence as they both stared at each other. 

"It's just, I had a nightmare that some people came at us during one of our concerts and he had a gun and shot you and Slash and Duff and Izzy and i couldn't do anything! I couldn't move or breath or reach out and help you and-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, bud. You don't want to wake the others. You had a bad dream? Can't you just forget about it and sleep?" Axl groaned in a groggy voice, thick with sleep. 

"But- but everytime I close my eyes I-I see you dying a-nd I hate and I ju-just want sleep!" Steven sobbed quietly, stuttering over his poor words.

Axl sighed, scooting over and motioning for his drummer to lay down. Steven sniffed, wiping his nose with his bare arm, and crawling into the warm covers. 

"You happy?" Said Axl, adjusting so he wasn't too close to his bandmate.

"Yeah. Thank you, Ax" Steven smiled, scooting closer to Ax.

"I'm not that huge of a cuddler, Steve." Axl cringed as Steven tried to gab onto the singer.

The blondie frowned, batting his eyes at the redhead.

"Dammit, Steven. Why'd you have to pull that cute puppy face you always do?" Axl whined, but gave in and wrapped his arms around Steve's bare torso, both boys happy for each others warmth.

"I don't want you to leave me, ever. Whether that's you dying, leaving the band, not wanting to be my friend, anything." Steven whispered, burrowing his face into Axl's shirtless chest. Ax could feel the man's tears sliding down his face again.

"Shhh, of course I won't." Axl comforted, tangling his legs with Stevens, stroking the blonde's hair in a comforting matter. Axl always tried to be tough and act like he never cared, when really, he loved his band and bandmates more than anything and would do anything for them. Even if that meant cuddling when he REALLY didn't want to.

"Get some sleep." The redhead whispered. Steven nodded, taking a deep breath of Ax's scent which was a mixture of cologne and sweat. He felt safe.

"Goodnight, Steven."

"Goodnight, Axl."

"....."

"......" 

"Okay, promise to not tell anyone about this?"

"Deal." Steven giggled.

~

A/N

FLUFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyYYYYYyyYYYYYYyY

I love cute n cuddly stuff! It's my fav stuff to write cuz I'm always grinning and blushing and AWWW CUTEEEEE!! 

Get ready for some Slash and Duff smut next mmmm ;)

~Munky