November Rain (Slash/Steven)

(Art creds to artist I can't find them)

Rain. 

Too much rain. Slash loved Washington but God, the rain. He couldn't stand it. 

He was sitting on a couch in the small hotel they rented, just staring outside. 

Pitter patter.

Drip drop.

Splat splat.

He hated the damn rain.

It was one of the days that the boys had a day off and everyone seemed to have plans besides Slash. So he decided to stay in his hotel, sitting on a couch and stare at the goddamn rain. He was going to go insane if he stayed like this.

The lights were turned off and it was about 5 at night, but because it was November, the dark swallowed the sun earlier. A gray mist hung in the air above Seattle, and Slash watched as the rain splattered sideways, tapping against the window.

He sighed, a lonely feeling in his chest as he pictured Axl and Izzy probably at a party having the time of their lives without him. He frowned, scrolling on his phone, the light illuminated his face in the dim lit room. 

Slash was dosing off, the rain starting to become white noise in the background as he lolled to sleep, head tilted to the side, resting on an imaginary shoulder. He opened his eyes wearily, staring at a crack in the gray wall, depression filling him up like lead, weighing him to the couch.

All of a sudden-

"Slasher!"

Slash jolted up, the lead disappearing into thin air as he panicked to look at the intruder.

"Uh, you alright there, bud?" Steven giggled at Slash's shocked face. The boy was carrying a bag full of things that he set on the marble kitchen island. 

"Steven." Slash breathed out a sigh of relief, combing his hands through his hair to calm his beating heart. "What are you doing here?"

Steven smiled a warm smile that seemed to melt all of Slash's sadness away.

"Axl shot me a text and said that you've been down lately." He said, hand on his hip as he studied the room. "So I am here to help. And I will start by turning on some damn lights because it's dark as hell in here and I'm pretty sure you aren't a vampire."

Steven chuckled at his own joke, flipping on the light switch, causing Slash to blink frantically. 

"Are you a vampire?"

Slash shook his head, still shaken from the sudden energy in his hotel room. He plopped back onto the couch, watching Steven as he pulled stuff out of the bag he carried. 

"Here!"

Steven threw a little fluffy penguin stuffed animal at the rocker, who caught it surprisingly, and gave it a squeeze.