At The End Of The Rainbow 2

I went back home alone through the foggy forest, still pondering on what happened earlier. My lips, tingled at the sense of lust and need that I feel which I struggled to hide deep inside, my heart, still beats loudly that I can almost hear it with my own ears, and my knees, weakened at the suddenness of John's actions.

Was it really that powerful? What he did?

Why was I the end of his rainbow?

What did I do to make him feel that way? "I'm just me. I'm not that special." I thought to myself.

I got to the front of our rented home, we both stayed here during spring break, just the two of us, alone. I hesitated for a moment to go inside, I was afraid to confront John, I was afraid to confront my feelings. I took out the note in my pocket and read it again, because I think it hasn't sunk into me yet.

I felt like a coward.

I took a deep breath as the dark clouds started to creep in, slowly taking over the clear part of the sky, it seems like it's going to rain again, but I'm still afraid to go inside.

A loud thunder came, threatening me to go inside, but I did not falter. I looked around the windows from top to bottom.

"No lights." I whispered under my breath. Maybe he's not in the house?

I waited another five seconds to be sure, only then I went inside. Sure enough, John wasn't home. It was too cold inside so I went to the living room to put some wood in the fire place and lit it up with John's lighter that he always left at the table near the snow globe that he gave me for Christmas.

I've never seen him light up a cigarette before but he always had this lighter here sitting at the table. I don't know why. Perhaps for this purpose I guess?

In a few moments the room began to heat up quite nicely.

I can't help but feel uneasy inside still, it's as if everything was far from bleak.

I sat on our rented dull brown couch that looks like it has seen better days and pulled the table closer to me so I can rest my feet up there, but as I pulled the table my snow globe rolled to the edge of the table. My instincts told me to just let it fall, but instead I jumped from my seat, positioned my hands at just the right angle and catch the falling snow globe.

I was just in the nick of time from catching that snow globe from its mere demise. I felt like James Bond for a moment there.

Then the front door suddenly opened.

"What are you doing?" John asks blatantly, as if nothing happened earlier. His Irish accent was gone.

"Uhm, I saved the snow globe from killing itself" I stood up slowly, my heart beating faster now, my voice slightly cracked from nervousness as I still feel weak at the knees.

"From a three feet fall to the soft carpet?" His tone seemed to question my sanity. I forgot that it was just a low height table and that we had a carpet underneath the furniture. How oblivious and stupid am I to even think that this thick glass snow globe wouldn't survive that fall?

I looked at the snow globe then looked at John. Why would it even bother me if this stupid snow globe broke? Then I remembered.

My eyes began to tear up, I was stupid. I must've looked like an idiot. I love this snow globe, this was my first ever snow globe.

I started to walk towards John slowly, thinking of what to do to him. Punch him? Smack him at the back of his head? Kick him in the nuts? Push him away again? Or Kiss him?

All the other choices didn't seem to matter when the last option came to mind.

My cheeks felt hot, the butterflies in my stomach were running wild, and at this rate, I may as well have a heart attack because I think my heart beat is off the charts.

I was excited and afraid at the same time as the distance between me and John grew shorter.

"You alright there Freddie?" He asked, looking at me with concern, his thick Irish accent showed itself once again.

"F*ck it" I whispered quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. I threw the stupid snow globe at the couch and grabbed John by the neck and planted the kiss that would lead to either something wonderful or something, darker.

I do hope I made the right decision.