10 - Explanation

Vanessa's POV

I wake up next to Aaron in the sunlit room, yawning and rolling over to face him. I smile at how cute he is when he sleeps, then I turn back over, grabbing my phone and scroll through Twitter, Instagram and snapchat.

I feel a light kiss on my cheek, and turn my head to see Aaron awake. "Hey Ness." He grins. I smile and lift his chin, kissing him slowly. "Hi." I smile as I pull away. I roll out of bed and onto the floor, crawling my way over to the door. I own it and stand up, walking out.

I make myself some toast, and make Aaron some as well. I put them on plates and walk back into the room, handing Aaron his plate. "Your amazing." He grins, biting into his breakfast. I grin and flick on the tv, getting settled under the covers.

After about ten minutes I hear Roni yell down the hall. "Nessa! You got a letter!" I grab my dressing gown and put it on, making my way out to the living room. I pat Tiger and Star on the head and grasp the letter. Aaron comes and sits on the couch next to Collins, as I open the letter next to Roni.

Dear Vanessa, Aaron, Collins and Veronica.

I have hurt all of you in many ways over the past year, and I do deeply apologize. I would love to go back to the friendship we had before, and not let these troubles get in the way. Obviously these events are not going to slide, seeing as they have hurt relationships, friendships and hearts in the process, that seems unforgiving. I would like to invite you all to my new flat for dinner, (Collins knows the address) so that we can talk things out and I can explain myself further. If you do so want to come, which is not very likely, please tommorow at 6pm, and we can have a dinner party like we used to, with delicious food (that I will not make don't worry) and friends. I do really apologize, and I hope you all are willing to let me explain, and let me have a second chance.

Thank you,
- Devan

I scan the letter three times, making sure I read it right. "He's invited us to dinner?" Roni asks schooled over my shoulder. I hand the letter to the boys and they read it aloud. "We should go." Collins says immediately. "I know...." I start, but Collins interrupts. "Yes he is my brother, but that's not the reason. I know him, he is good with second chances. I trust him. We should go let him explain." Roni sits down hpnext to him and hugs him. "I agree." She says, nodding her head. "Okay we'll go. Tomorrow at 6, Collins where was it?"

The next day...
Devans POV

I have been spending all day today getting bits and pieces to make the night perfect. I set up the table with flowers and napkins, and hired some home chefs to cook the meal for us.

I look over at the clock after placing the last fork, and see the time is 5:43. "Crap." I whisper, running to my room to get ready. I change into an informal tux, wanting to look nice but not overdressed. 

I pace around the room until 6:02, when I start to worry. "Where are they?" I mutter. Nobody sent me a text saying they were coming, so they might not be. I sit down in an armchair when the doorbell rings. I jog to the door, slipping around the corners.

I check my appearance in the mirror, before opening the door to reveal four faces. "Hi. Long time no see." I smile, hugging my brother. I let the others come in, not wanting to freeze them in the cold. They sit at the table in their nice attire. Vanessa in a red dress and black heels, with little makeup and her hair in a ponytail, Veronica in a black romper with silver sneakers and hair in loose curls, Collins in a nice black shirt and grey pants, hair slicked back only slightly, and Aaron, wearing a nice blue shirt and black pants, hair left normally falling.

"Well, I suppose you all want me to explain myself right away." I cough nervously, looking at everyone nodding their heads. Nessa looks very unimpressed. I begin my explanation , long awaited.