43 - New Baby!

Veronicas POV

It feels weird, birth. I pushed so hard I felt like I was going to explode. But it was all worth it when I heard the baby cry. I fall back on the bed breathless, and look up at my husband.

Collins leans down and kisses me before pointing to our baby being cleaned. "I did it." I say unbelievably. The nurse brings over our little boy and I burst out crying, holding his small warm body in my arms.

I sue my tears away and hand him to Collins carefully. I haven't seen him cry much, but this is an exception. I rub his hand as tears of joy roll down both of our faces. "He's so cute!" Nessa squeals from beside me. I kinda forgot she was in the room.

I give her a big hug and all here of us are crying messes. The nurse takes. The baby to be weighed and checked. She wraps him in a swaddle and hands him back to me. "What's his name?" The nurse smiles.

"Jerrico." Me and Collins say in sync. "My little nephew Jerry!" Nessa squeals, bouncing around the room. "You want to hold him?" I ask her, laughing at her silliness. "Of course! Is that even a question?" She laughs, picking up her nephew.

She starts crying as me and Collins take pictures. Soon after the rest of our family comes in the room and everyone's has the same reaction. "Oh my gosh he's so cute! Can I hold him?" "What's the name?" "Congratulations!" "I'm a grandma!"

They all take turns passing around Jerrico before we all take pictures and Polaroids.

An hour and a half  passes before we get to go home. Collins and I were not prepared to have Rico today,  so decide to go to target in the way home to get the baby some stuff. Collins helps me into a wheelchair seeing as I just gave birth and don't feel like walking. We walk into the baby section for the first time and I smile, looking down at Jerrico. "We are parents Collins!" I grin, holding his hand.

We walk out of target with a cot, clothes, toys, play mats, diapers, dummies, and anything else a baby would need. When we arrive home Collins carries me, and I carry Jerrico through the door.

Rico fell asleep on the car ride so I make a quick crib on the couch, it's just a barrier of pillows  but I still out hi in the middle of it, while we set up the baby's room. Collins sets up the crib in our room and we move Jerrico to it, putting a plush elephant that is the same size as him next to him.

"Want to order food? I'm starving." Collins asks. I nod my head and smile. "First meal with a baby." Collins laughs and turns his attention back to the phone. I decide to edit the photos of Rico to go onto Instagram.

Our baby boy Jerrico, or as Nessa calls him Jerry,  or as we call him Rico, was born today at 12:57pm, weighing in at 5 pounds 7 ounces, a healthy little baby that loves to sleep

Our baby boy Jerrico, or as Nessa calls him Jerry, or as we call him Rico, was born today at 12:57pm, weighing in at 5 pounds 7 ounces, a healthy little baby that loves to sleep. Thank you for your support through this journey, me and Collins couldn't be happier. I love you my son. X

I post the picture and get hundreds of comments congratulating me and admiring the baby. "Can't believe Nessa actually gets to calm him Jerry." I read a comment out loud causing Collins to laugh.

"Food will be here in ten, I can't actually believe it." Collins laughs. "Catt believe what?" I ask suspiciously. "That I'm a dad now! To the cutest little baby ever!" I laugh and lean over to kiss him.

"Next you'll be an uncle." I laugh, he does too.

Vanessa's POV

Harrison, Hannah, Mum, Dad, Devan and I have decided to surprise Roni and Collins with a late baby shower, seeing as they never had one. We brought decorations and presents to bring to their house and surprise them.

I get out of the car and help Hannah get the things from the boot. "I'm so excited to see the little munchkin!" Hannah squeals. I laugh. "He's cute!" Hannah wasn't able to be at the hospital because of the distance from where she lives, but she got on the first plane as soon as she heard about it and is staying the night at mine.

We set up and arrangement of blue decor and presents outside their door and ring the doorbell, hiding around the corner. I hear footsteps so tell everyone to shush. Roni opens the door and gasps, peeking around the corner.

"Surprise!" We all jump out and give her hugs. When she sees Hannah she bursts out crying, we haven't seen her in almost six months. We bring everything inside and Collins gets Jerry.

Everyone awes and coos but Hannah, being the only one that hasn't seen him before, starts crying and hugging Jerry more than anyone.

Roni begins to open the gifts and thanking everyone for everything. That's one thing  I love about her, she is so kind and thankful for everything she gets in her path of life.

Harrison and Devan out up the decorations around the apartment and we have a small party to celebrate the birth of a new person. Hats weird to think about.

A new person no one has ever seen is now in the world and not very many people know if you think about it. Strange.

We continue the party for an three hours until we lol get tired and the baby falls asleep. Devan and my parents leave so it is just my car ride of people. "We should probably get home. Text me how your first night goes!" I hug my sister, and Collins in turn.

Hannah and Harrison hug and wave to them as well, and we walk t the car. "Jerrico is so cute!" Hannah bounces around. "Are you ready to do that?" I take Harrison's hand. "Do what?" "Be a dad to a kid that's not even yours." I sigh, I should have known this would happen. 

"I will always be ready with you." Harrison's stops and looks into my eyes. I sigh a breath of frolic and kiss him.

My life did turn around after all.

A/n eeeeeek technically last chapter but I have one to kinda explain the future of them, but I wanted to end kinda relating to the title but it sounded bad so this is what you got, I will do a big thank you right at the end of the book in its own chapter, but for now have a nice day/night and ily all. Xx- zoeee