Surprises

"Zach?" I say when I get to the football stadium. "Hey Ella! Over here!" I look out onto the field and see Zach talking to Cam and the other football players. The one person who catches my eye is Cynthia, the head cheerleader. She was flirting with Zach. "Hey Zachy." She says flirtaciously. "Oh heck to the know." I mutter stomping over. "Hey Ella." He says rapping his arm around my waist. "Hey." I say. "Mikey told me you were looking for me." I whisper in his ear. "Yeah. I have to tell you something." He whispers back. I nod. "I'm sorry Cynthia, we're going to have to continue this conversation later. My girlfriend is my first priority." Zach says. I look into his mind and see that he is not cheating on me. Good. Because I will hurt him if he is. "What did you want to tell me?" I say when we're out of earshot. "Sara told me that Rick was acting differently. Do you think you can use your psychic connection with him to find out why?" I nod. "Of course I can. But why are you so worried?" He sighs. "Xavier said that he wanted to adopt me. So technically, that makes Rick my family." I squeal excitedly. "Xavier wants to adopt you?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" I exclaim punching him. "Ow! I swear if you punch me again I will fight back." I stick my tongue out at him. "No you won't. You didn't answer my question." "I didn't tell you because yesterday you kind of almost died." I nod. "I guess you're right. I'll let you slide with that one... this time." I say.

I get home and see Diego talking to a girl. Wait... a girl? "Diego I'm home." I say. "Hey Ella, come in here." He says. I walk into the kitchen. "Yes?" "This is my new friend Madison. Madison, this is my little sister Ella." She waves at me. "Nice to meet you." She says. "Same here. Diego, I just came to grab a couple of things. I'm staying with Sara tonight." He nods. "Alright. Have fun." He says. I smile and hurriedly run up to my room and grab my sleepover bag. "Nice." I whisper and run back to my car, driving to Leo's house. "Ella! You finally made it!" Sara exclaims when she lets me in. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I say. She sighs. "Leo! Get down here and say hi to Ella!" She calls. "Hold on! I'm coming!" He calls back. I stifle a laugh as he comes running in a wolf onesie. "Cute. I have one too. Only... it's an arctic wolf." I say. He smiles at me. "This is why I love you." He says. "Now, who's hungry?" "Me!" Sara and I say in unison. We laugh. "Ok then. Ella, you can get ready upstairs." Leo says. I nod and find the bathroom. This place is huge! I walk into the bathroom. The walls had glow-in-the-dark stars all around. It was comforting actually. The walls were also all navy blue, lined with black. Even the bathtub and toilet were black. After I took a shower, I put on my arctic wolf onesie and magically re-curled my hair. "Ella! Are you almost done? I want to show you something." Sara called. "I'm coming!" I call back. I get down and see it. A meteor shower! "How is that even possible?" I say astonished. "I have no idea. I've seen about three of these in my entire life. And I'm two-hundred and eighteen." Leo says.