Emotions

Zach comes by an hour later and Alice was having a great time. "You know, I'm technically your adopted mother now... right?" Zach nods. "If you are, I'm glad. Of all people that could be my adoptive mother, I'm so happy that it's you." He says. She smiles, which makes me smile. "So... you're happy you chose me?" I ask. She looks over at me. "Yes... but technically, if Cole hadn't done what he did, I'd probably still be with him. Nonetheless, we're mega werewolf best friends." I tilt my head and she laughs. "It's a werewolf thing." I sigh and smile, which earns laughter from Zach. "Dang... as much as I miss my family, you two are pretty good substitutes." He says.

{Cynthia's POV}

I enter my brand new mansion. "Cyn! You made it!" My best friend, Emma, came running down the stairs to greet me. "So... did you get him? Did you get Zach?" I scoff and wave my hand. "That boy wouldn't even give me the time if day." I say angrily, walking into the kitchen and putting my shopping bags down. "Listen, we need to get rid of that girl, Ella. She's taking my spot as cheer captain." I continue, while Emma just stares. "Ella... why does that sound familiar?" I sigh. "She's the old cheer captain. And I know that it doesn't really matter if she's the cheer captain because I graduated, but it does matter." She nods in understanding. "You want her out of the picture. She's Zach's girlfriend... isn't she?" I nod. "That girl's definitely a problem. You clearly knew Zach first." I sigh and shake my head. "I didn't. They were best friends since birth... well, Ella's birth anyway. Their parents knew each other in high school. Shame that they all died." I say sadly. "I loved Zach's parents. They were even the ones who told me I should go out with him." Emma listened while I kept ranting about Zach and Ella. "Woah... they have a huge history together. This is going to be harder than I thought." Emma says once I'm done. "But you can do it... right?" She nods. "Of course I can."

{Ella's POV}

We finally made it to Chicago about a day later, which was filled with endless ranting from Diego. "Ok I get it. It's going to be the best trip yet." I say rolling my eyes. He smiles at me as he gets out of the car. "I'm going to go book us a room. This hotel is apparently the best around." He says closing the door. I dial Zach. "Hey Ella! How's the vacation going?" "It's going fine. What's up?" I tap my thigh with my finger nails. "Something exciting happened yesterday. Apparently, Cole and Alice broke up and became 'mega werewolf best friends' whatever that means. And she got back with Xavier, so now she's legally my adoptive mother." I smile as he tells me this. Though, it makes me kind of jealous since he has parents again. Then again, he did lose his parents first. "That's really great to hear. I'm so happy for you." I say a little gloomily. Oops... a little gloomily. "Is everything alright?" I sigh. "It's just that... you have parents again. I know, I shouldn't be complaining since you lost your real parents first. But... it hurts that you have people that are like your parents." Zach sighs from the other end. "Ella..." "No. Forget I said anything. I have to go." "But-" I hang up and feel my face getting hot. Zach has parents now... what parental figure do I have? Other than Diego, who's my brother, no one.