Changes

{Ella's POV}

I pace around the room. "What do you mean you and Cam?" I say. He sighs. "I might be dating you... but Cameron fell in love with you too." Zach says. I snap my head in his direction. "I can't have my two best friends fighting each other. Nope. Not happening." I say. "Besides... it's just a prophecy. We don't have to do everything it says." I add. Leo and Rick shake their heads. "Once a prophecy has started, it has to be fulfilled." Leo says. I stomp my foot angrily. "I'm not letting you fight each other!" I yell. "You have to." Leo says. "Do not." I say. "Do to. Look Ella, I don't want to do this either." Zach says. I cross my arms. "If you fight Cam-" "I'm sorry. I have to." He says. "Fine. Go. Beat your best friend to the ground. But don't come running to me. You've lost me forever." I say, turning on my heels and walking on, up the stairs. "Don't walk away." Zach orders. I look down from the top of the stairs. "You don't tell me what to do anymore. Sara, I'm leaving." I say. "No don't leave." She says sadly. "I'm sorry. But I have to leave." I say. I walk into her room grab my things, and walk out of the door. I place my things in the back seat. "Ella. You are not walking away from this." Zach says walking out. "I think that's exactly what I'm doing." I say. "I love you. And you know that-" "Do you? Because apparently, it doesn't matter how much you love me. You're still going to fight Cam." I say angrily. He sighs. "Ella..." He says getting closer to me. "No. You want to fight Cam. Fight Cam. See if I cry at your funeral." I say. He tilts his head. "Why my funeral?" I turn back to him. "Because he kills you! If you had half of a brain, you would've used our stupid psychic connection to see why I won't let you!" I yell. I get into my car and drive off, towards Cam's house. "Hey Ella! Are you alright?" Cam asks. "No. There's a prophecy about me, and it says that you have to fight Zach." I say. "Me and Zach specifically?" Cam says. I shake my head. "It's about a vampire and a werewolf falling for a girl. I'm the girl in the prophecy and you two have to fight a battle... to the death." I say. He runs a hand through his hair. "You're joking." He says. "I don't joke about death Cam." I say. "Come in. We have to find a way to avoid this." I nod and follow him inside.

●●●

{Zach's POV}

"Ella isn't coming back, is she?" I say. Leo shakes his head. "I don't think she is. Where do you think she went?" He says. "Most likely Cam's house. After all, it is a fight between the two of us." I say. "And she told me something funny. That I lose and Cam kills me." I say. Everyone stares at me. "What?" Rick sighs. "Has Ella ever lied?" I shake my head. "No. Why...?" I trail off and realize it. If Ella never lies... that means I really do die. I use our connection and see that she is, indeed, with Cam. But not to help him beat me. So she can save the both of us. "What is it? You keep zoning out." Sara says. "Ella's with Cam. But she's working on saving the both of us." I say. They all share a look. "What is it now?" I say. "There's only one way to change a prophecy." Leo says. "And that's to...?" I say. "Take the person's place." Oh no. "That means... that she's going to fight Cam for me." I say. Ella is going to live with the pain of knowing she killed her own best friend. It will literally destroy her.