Snake

"So, what do you think Brent's girl is going to look like?" Dad asked, chuckling.

I smirked. "Probably the lockness monster." We laughed.

"Oh, stop it. I bet she's a very good looking young lady and I'm glad he's bringing a date." Suzy said, placing the turkey on the table.

"She's going to be pretty like a princess." McKenna commented.

"Maybe she's a prince?" I wiggled my brows. Dad choked on his soda, laughing.

"Now that wasn't nice." Suzy hit me on the head with a spoon.

"When was the last time Brent ever brought a date home?" I chuckled.

"Middle school, maybe?" Dad shrugged.

"Brian, when was the last time you ever held a stable relationship?" Suzy asked me.

I looked down at my hands, she got me good on that one. Suzy grinned widely before heading back into the kitchen for more of the food. I watched as McKenna absentmindedly played with her napkin, hearing the front door slam shut.

"We're here!" Brent's booming voice echoed the house.

"She's here. She's here." Suzy came scurrying out of the kitchen.

Dad and I chuckled, shaking our heads. "Lockness monster" Dad mouthed. I smirked.

"I'd like everyone to meet my date, Nikki." Brent walked in, introducing his date.

I leaned back in my chair, waiting for Brent's chick to walk into the room. The suspense killing me inside. I really wanted to see the kind of girl he would bring home this time. If she was anything like Mary, we were in some deep shit. When the girl named Nikki came into view for all of us to see, my jaw dropped and my fists tightened as I glared at Brent.

He was making a move on Nikki. My Nikki!

Once Suzy stepped out of the way of introducing herself to Nikki, Nikki glanced around the room with a smile, that made my heart skip a beat every time, on her face. Looking beautiful as always. But when her eyes met mine, the smile was wiped clean off her face as her eyes grew huge.

"Brian?!" She asked, shocked.

"Hey, Nikki." I did a little wave, still in shock like herself.

"Oh, boy.." Dad muttered.

"You two know each other?" Suzy asked.

I looked over at Brent with his arm around Nikki's waist, glaring at it. "Yeah, we know each other. She's friends with Shads's fiancee and Zacky's girlfriend." I growled out.

"Well that's nice." Suzy nodded. "Nikki, please have a seat. I'll be out in a second with the corn and we can get to know each other better." Suzy smiled, walking into the kitchen.

I watched as Brent whispered in Nikki's ear and led her to the seat in front of mine, pulling out her chair for her to sit in then taking the seat beside hers. Brent whispered in her ear again making Nikki laugh softly and him smile widely, my hand tightened around the knife in my hand.

Dad cleared his throat. "So Nikki, what do you do for a living?"

Nikki looked over at Dad. "Well right now I'm looking for a job. I had recently lost my old one due to a couple fights that involved me."

"That's a shame, sweetie." Suzy placed the corn down, then taking her seat at the other end of the table. "What happened?"

Nikki shrugged. "Had some customers that weren't respecting me, and you can only take so much of it. You know?"