Chapter Eighteen! Messups and Pucker Ups

"I LIKE THIS BIG RED BUS!" Louis screamed at the top of his lungs. We were all currently sitting on top of a huge double-decker bus and riding through the city streets. It was packed. I assumed it was like this most of the time, since only about a third of the people making the streets unnavigable were screaming or holding signs. The rest were minding their own business, focusing on the road, or their phones. We waved to those who did care, while watching all the tall buildings and bright billboards that lined the streets. 

"Could you maybe not scream when I'm Amy?" I grimaced, turning to face my fake beau.

"Shouldn't you love me just the way I am?" He smirked. Suddenly, Niall grabbed his guitar and started plucking. 

"When I see your face! There's not a thing that I would change! 'Cause you're amazing! Just the way you are!" The boys chorused. "And when you smi-"

"Guys!" I made a slashing motion across my neck. I didn't want to call attention to us... I mean, more than what was necessary, we were riding in a double-decker bus for pete's sake. But still, I had that awful nose cast... "Honestly, your guys' obsession with Bruno Mars is getting unhealthy." 

"But that guy is sick!" Niall grinned. 

"I know, but there's a difference between being a fan and being a fangirl." I eyed all of them. They shrugged, accepting they were fangirls entirely. By this time, we had parked and the boys were getting ready to get off to perform for Good Morning America. We ran down the steps to the main level of the bus, where I was going to stay behind just long enough to have the girls get looking the other way, then I was going to sit behind the stage. I looked everyone over. Niall and Zayn were stretching, Liam, straightening his vest, Louis... Doing Louis stuff (in this case, jumping jacks), and Harry looking nervously at the ground. 

"Don't be nervous Babe." I said, walking over, and giving him a small kiss. "You'll do great." 

"I hope so..." He mumbled. 

"I'm sure you will." I smiled slightly. 

At this, Louis called everyone in for a huddle. The boys crammed their heads together, and started mumbling all sorts of things. "Huzzah!" They said, as they came out of it, getting ready to run out. Security stood outside, and nodded, saying they were ready. Our now bus driver, Bill opened the doors. 

"Let's make everyone proud." Louis announced, and with that, they walked into the crowd. I sat back and relaxed, looking out of the tinted window beside me. Girls screamed, and grabbed at the boys, as if it would make them stay a moment longer. I had to say I felt particularily bad for those girls because security only pushed them harder when that happened, they stayed shorter...

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting backstage with my fingers crossed. The first song for them to sing was What Makes You Beautiful, also known as the one Harry was most nervous about because of his solo. If only it would have been later in the program, he would've been more comfortable. But I figured he'd nail it with that beautiful voice of his.

The song went without a hitch. The harmonies were perfect, cheorography well thought out, and no crazy fans jumped on stage. Then it came to the point of Harry's solo. The music died down, and I sucked in a huge breath... Harry didn't. He started out fine, but once he got to the part that was "like nobody else" he ended up taking a breath, the next line, another, and so on. When he finished the solo, he hunched his shoulders and shot the guys looks that said he was sorry. I could see everyone wanted to go over and say it would be alright, but they couldn't do it in the middle of the performance, so they continued as if nothing had happened. Well, Harry didn't. The whole rest of the concert, he put on a brave face, but I could tell he felt rotten. It was an awful sight to see.