Chapter Twenty-Five! Some People Never Change

"Now what?" I asked, from the hotel living room. "My nose is suseptable to burns." 

"So is mine, yet you don't see me missing out on an awesome beach day." Louis said loudly. "There's such a thing as sunblock."

"Real funny Lou." I said sarcastically. "Plus, I'd have to be your girlfriend, which I'm sure neither of us want more than we have to."

"...On second thought. Boys, boys, boys! Look at poor little Amy's nose!" He put on a look of concern. "This looks dreadfully serious. We better skip the beach."

"What happened to the "awesome beach day?" Niall laughed. 

"It got rained upon... Then stomped upon... Shoved into the washing machine... And then set on fire." I smirked. 

"Not this again." Louis groaned.

 "What do you mean 'Not this again?'" Harry asked.

"Well, back when we were lower sixths, Amy got on this huge Barbra Streisan kick. She watched every. Single. Thing she's EVER done." Louis groaned.

"Funny Girl was my favourite." I grinned, Louis continued.

"And I had to hear the songs all the time. So, one day she was singing Don't Rain on My Parade..."

"And he decided to be real cheeky." I rolled my eyes. "He announced that not only would he rain on my parade, but he would proceed to crumple it into a ball, and throw it in the rubbish bin."

"She said that she would take that scenario, and throw it in the fireplace at our school... It went on and on. The rest of the year was spent coming up with things to do to the other's threats. It became beyond irritating." 

"He thought it was hilarious." I rolled my eyes.

"...I really wish I could've known you guys back then." Harry smirked.

"I don't think so... That means you would've had to go to school with us, and our schools were rubbish." I said, turning to Louis. "The uniforms."

"The rules."

"The lessons."

"The teachers."

"The food."

"The girls."

"Hey! I'm a girl!" I snapped.

"Well you're... Different from the others." He shrugged.

"You don't say that in a very positive tone."

"How would you like me to say it?" Louis shrugged.

"Jamie! You were the loveliest  girl there! You stood out from the crowd with your wit, your taste, your lack of attention to the rules, and of course... How fit you are." I winked, and laughed.

"No... I don't think I'd say that." He shook his head.

"...Some people never change." Liam declared.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what should we do?" I asked happily, looking down the empty beach. We had figured it would be, since this was a "cold front" apparently. Honestly, I still thought it was quite warm, but once more, English, so what can you do? Plus it was after dark, and only the insane (such as us) would go at night...

"Well Liam and I are going surfing." Louis announced, grabbing the boards I hadn't even known existed out of the trunk. 

"And we're going snorkeling... Sort of." Niall added, grabbing a snorkel... And Zayn. They smirked at Harry and I as they walked away. I glanced at Harry, he glanced at me. Without a word, we grabbed hands and ran down the beach.