Zoro x reader- "Grumpy"

Your pov:
Today on the thousand sunny was just like the past couple days; sunny, hot, peaceful, and no land in sight. As usual, Zoro slept in the corner by the stairs, and I watched his relaxed body rest against the wall. I always wondered how he could sleep through all of the clamour and chaos of the crew each day.

I began thinking to myself how he seemed sort of grumpy most of the time, and a lot of his smiles are sarcastic or from laughing about something like Sanji getting turned down by the girls again.

We don't necessarily get along, but we don't fight and do have respect for each other. On the island I came from, a common thing to do was show your affection towards those you cared for by giving them a hug each day and night to say thank you, I care about you, or as a greeting. I noticed that he's not really the affectionate type, so I thought I'd conduct an experiment on him to see how he reacts to me each day.

Dinner time-
"Here is your salad y/n-chwwwannn!!!!" Sanji cooed.

"Thank you sanji-kun!" I stood up and kissed his cheek as a thanks like I always do.

Blood shot out of his nose and he passed out and I sat down as chopper ran around screaming for help from a doctor, until he realized he was the doctor, and got the photos for Sanji's therapy.

Soon after, we were all seated in the kitchen eating lunch noisily. My eyes drifted over to zoro as I ate quietly.

Morning time-
We all woke up early, and trudged to breakfast, and I saw Zoro exit the men's dorm, and my face lit up with a big grin, as I raced over to him and hugged him tightly from behind. He stopped and inhaled sharply.

"Good morning, Zoro! Did you sleep well?" I released him and peered at his face patiently awaiting his reaction.

He shot me a confused look, "What are you doing y/n?"

I giggled, "Just my way of saying good morning, and I wanted to give you a hug because I like you."

He blushed averting his gaze. Making me chuckle, "You know being all grumpy about it makes you even cuter."

His expression was shocked and the redness of his cheeks deepened. I grinned and grabbed his hand in mine dragging him to the kitchen.

But what I didn't see was the small smile climbing onto his face as we went to breakfast together.

Time skip to next island-
We're docked at this huge summer island for the next 5 days or so, and we need to explore it in little groups.

"Alright. Franky, Brook, stay on the ship and watch for Marines. And as for groups..." Luffy began.

Nami cut in, "Robin and I can go together, and look for maps and a log post."

"Ok, then I'll go with chopper, Ussop, and sanji to explore and buy supplies," replied luffy.

"Well, I guess that leaves zoro and I, right zoro?" I asked looking around for him. "Zoro?" I glance down to find him passed out on the floor.

I squated down to his level, and began poking his cheek and nose. When that didn't work, I decided to go further, "FREE SAKE!!!"

His body shot up into a sitting position, as he searched for the alcohol. When he looked up at my smug face, he asked, "Hey, where are the free booze!?"

"No where, because you needed to wake up and come with me into town. You're my partner."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh, great. Just what I needed. False hope and a head ache."

"I didn't want a grumpy chia pet, but now I have one."

He grinned, "Chia pet?"

"Yeah, that's right. Now let's go!" I pointed towards the island smiling.