!Teacher Sanji x !Student Reader- Modern Au "New Lessons Learned" (1/2)

Your pov:
I was walking to cooking class with my best friend, bff/n (*best friend's name).

"Come on, y/n! I know for a fact you've got a thing for Mr. Vinesmoak," bff/n teased bluntly.

Heat rose to my cheeks, "Yeah, but he has a girlfriend, doesn't he?"

He/she looked honestly into my attentive e/c orbs. "Listen boo, that bitch is ratched." Bff/n shook his/her head with an almost disappointed expression. "He don't like her ugly ass."

I tried to keep a straight face as everyone around us watched our conversation in disbelief, and I picked up the pace grabbing his/her wrist, dragging them to keep up with me. I wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, I was uncomfortable being the center of attention.

I started to laugh as we'd finally made our way out of the crowd, and across the street to the other building we needed to go to. The grand line campus was separated into different buildings depending upon the subjects taught there, such as science, math, the arts, and history.

I released my grip on bff/n's wrist, "Are you sure he's into me? I mean, his girlfriend is his assistant in our cooking class."

He/she quirked an eyebrow questioningly, "His 'assistant' is only there to eat the raviolis, and stare at his balls, and I think he could give two shits! She just clings onto him all day like he's a jungle gym, and he's trying to shake her off but she doesn't get it. Don't you think you'd be annoyed at somebody who clung to you all day? We all have our limits. Plus, have you seen the way he looks at you? He's only two years older than you."

"Well, I guess so...but how am I going to talk to him? I get nervous, he's just so... hot..."

"How about we go to class together, and see how the rest of the day goes? I'll be right by your side the entire time. He might break up with her. He seems unhappy."

"True... Let's do it!"

"That's what I like to hear!!"

He/she grabbed my hand in theirs and we trotted into the class together with our heads held high. We put on our aprons and chef hats, making our way back to our stoves next to each other.

Pink dusted across my cheeks as my gaze briefly met Mr. Vinesmoak's, and I looked at the ground.

(Name you hate), Mr. Vinesmoak's girlfriend, shot daggers in her glare toward me and bff/n.

Bff/n grinned widely at her and gave her two thumbs up.

She breathed out a short puff of air in irritation and disgust, and she stared at me frowning. I waved at her gently with a small smile.

She almost spat in annoyance, and whispered something mentioning us to Mr. Vinesmoak as she pointed lowly in our direction, bff/n waved both hands wildly, and smiled. He returned the grin and walked over to us as I tried to become invisible. His girlfriend stayed behind and gave him a dead stare as he spoke to us like he did every morning.

"Hello y/n and bff/n!! How are you guys!?"

"Good! Right y/n?" Bff/n gently shoved me with his/her shoulder.

"Y-yeah, I'm great, how are you?" I spoke meekly as I fidgeted with my fingers.

He chuckled softly, "No need to be shy, it's just me. And I'm just fine too. Just a little tired..." He seemed deep in thought.

Bff/n broke the awkward silence, "So, what are you teaching us today?"

He snapped back to reality, "I'm teaching you how to make cake. This week we are teaching you different baked goods and desserts."