p.3- Luffy x Reader-"Mine!"

Your pov-

"Luffy, where are you taking me!?"

He didn't answer as he grinned, pulling me by my hand through the forest.

"Lu, slow do-- OOF!"

A large tree root caught the front of my foot. I began to fall forward and the world around me slowed down.

I had almost forgotten that Luffy's hand still held mine.

I felt the warmth radiate off his body as it came into close contact with mine, him by my side instantly, and arm wrapped around my torso.

I looked up at him and he stared emotionlessly at me for a moment, until his lips curved up into a large handsome grin.

"Are you okay, y/n? I know you tripped."

I zoned out staring into his twinkling deep brown pools that sparked something deep within me, causing a yearning yet light weightless sensation that pulled me toward him like planets to the sun.

All conscious thoughts of what he said were brushed aside, the soft sun rippling in gentle waves over his bronze face.

His velvet lips like falling flower petals moved before my eyes, whispering a word in question to my absent response,

"Y/n?"

I was brought back to reality for a second, looking around briefly, to meet his eyes once more. His childish smirk was infectious, as I felt the apples of my cheeks push up with the corners of my mouth.

"Y-yeah, you're perfect~~~" I giggled in my own bliss, staring at his features, and then my face turned beet red as I realized what I'd said.

"What was that, y/n?" His grin never faltered as he listened obliviously.

"U-uhh... I said that I'm perfect, ahahahaha-ha-ha...ha...ahh...."

He moved back to the side a bit, out of my way.

I took a few steps forward and stumbled, ready to fall again.

He swept me off my feet and held me close to his bare chest.

"Luffy, why are you carryi-"

"-Because it'll go much quicker if I carry you, you won't trip, and you have a chance to get your bearings to stay balanced."

"O-okay."

"Hold on tight!"

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he ran through the ocean- like forest. As we traveled deeper into the thick foliage, the trees grew taller and the plants became stranger.

I relaxed against his strong chest and listened to the beating of his heart as my body felt the rhythm of his motion over the soft moss carpet.

THE READER'S DEVIL FRUIT WORKS IN WATER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a clearing where the sunlight broke through the thick green curtain.

We raced through it and found an open watering hole surrounded by sand. It seemed we were the first people to discover it, as it was enclosed by multiple tall trees.

"Look, y/n, a watering hole! Let's jump in!!"

He ran towards it while still holding me close to his chest.

"LUFFY!! WAIT, YOUR DEVIL FRUIT, YOU'LL--"

"Canon ball!!!"

*SPLASH*