Ace x Reader- "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy." p.1

Your pov:

I stood by the stone wall and a small smile crept into my face as the painted ponies trotted over to me like every morning.

She stopped in front of me, leaning her head down for me to pet her.

I looked up and rubbed her nose gently, "Hey, Dot! How are you today girl? You want a treat?"

She huffed and nudged my arm that was carrying the bucket of sugar cubes.

I giggled, "Ok, Ok! Here..."

I dove my other hand into the bucket, and held them out to her in my palm.

She gingerly picked them up from my hand and licked up the crumbs when they were all gone.

"Good girl!!" I wrapped my arms around her neck, and she nuzzled into my shoulder.

I always wanted my own pony to take care of, but my dad wouldn't allow me to do anything. I had to sneak out of my bedroom everyday to be able to do go outside without his supervision, even though we owned a lot of land, and the only other house near ours was just up to street. Otherwise, nothing and nobody could be seen for miles.

He didn't know I was here or have been sneaking out. He was gone on a 5 day trip and set up cameras everywhere in the house except the bedrooms, bathrooms, and outside for my security and privacy.

He'd built a stone wall when I was little, and my mother had passed away when she'd given birth to me, so I never met her.
It separated me from the wilderness and whatever else lied beyond it.

The biggest rule he had was to NEVER go past that stone wall. I never knew why, until today.

I scaled the stone wall, and mounted Dot, holding onto her neck as we traveled together up the road.

Time skip:

I leaned back a bit, and Dot took the cue to slow down to a stop, and I dismounted her.

She followed me closely behind, as I cautiously approached the house.

I walked up to the front door, and knocked.

Nobody answered, and I was still curious.

I made my way around the back of the house, still searching for life, when I found a huge forest.

My jaw dropped in awe at the forest opening right in their backyard.

I turned to find Dot still right on my tail, and I mounted her again, holding tightly as we went into the thick foliage.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I took in the scenery of the tall oak trees. I saw something flash by and heard the crinkling of fallen leaves. I tried to pull Dot to the source of the strange noise, when she forced us in the opposite direction.

"No, Dot, what are you doing? I want to go the other way." I tugged gently on her neck.

She snorted and broke out into a gallop, ignoring my directions.

I felt my body jousle up and down on her back as her legs and hooves kicked up and then met the ground again with a clop.

She halted at a shallow clear blue watering hole.

She craned her neck down to drink, and my grasp on her slipped, as I slid off her side to the hard ground.

"Ouch..." I grumbled as I rubbed my sore hip.

I got up and Dot jumped into the water splashing around, getting me wet.

"Hey!!" I knitted my eyebrows together and crossed my arms pouting at her.