Chapter 6

I heard giggles and slight screaming coming from upstairs when I walked though the front door after going to the mall to pick up a few things. I walked fast up the stairs and tried to hear where it was coming from. It sounded like Jake's room. I scurried over and pushed open the door and walked in. There were about 5 people crowded in the bathroom, all laughing loudly.

I peeked my head in to see that Ivan's hair was dyed green.
"Oh the poor thing, not even the new ones are safe," I chuckled as Ivan tried to rinse his hair out in the sink. I tried not to laugh because I really did feel bad but it was impossible to stifle the giggles threatening to leave my body.
"Oh my god," Ivan said once more as he looked at himself in the mirror.
"Guys leave, I'm going to wash it," he said as he made motions with his hands for us to get out of the bathroom. We did as he said and shuffled out in a big clump back into the hallway.

As the rest of us stood in the hallway laughing at poor Ivan's humiliation, I found myself continuously looking at Emilio, his laugh making mine even louder. Him and Ivan really were cute. I had never really crushed on anyone in the house, and I hopefully wasn't going to now, it would only cause problems. I guess it was just my young heart going crazy at the sight of a cute boy who is also nice to me. I shook the thought out of my head and went to my room that I shared with the twins, where Lucas and Marcus were sitting on my bed.

"What you two monkeys up to?" I asked as I plopped down right in between them.
"Just finished making a video, we were just chilling in here for a bit," Marcus answered, flashing a smile.
"Ivan just got his hair dyed green, you should have seen it, it was pretty hilarious," I rambled before I could stop myself. I forgot that it was probably still a slightly sensitive topic. To my surprise though, the twins both giggled. I guess they were trying to make this work like I hoped. Having 2 sets of twins was definitely the recipe for something fun.

"Maybe they'll be the ones always pranked now, they're like the shiny new toys," Lucas joked, causing us to giggle a little.
"Want lunch?" I asked them.
"Yeah, go out or stay in?" Marcus asked.
"Hm, how bout I make us something and we can just sit here and watch a bit of Netflix together?" I suggested, earning nods as well as smiles from my two best friends.
"Want us to come with you?" Lucas asked. I shook my head and told them I'll call them to get the food when it's ready.

I skipped down the stairs like I normally do and went to the kitchen. As I raided the fridge for something good to make I heard footsteps behind me.
"Martinez," I said enthusiastically as I turned around, "it seems like we are constantly bumping into each other in this house."
"Yeah i's true," he laughed. I knew it was Emilio because of the shirt I knew he was wearing from seeing him this morning. I felt my cheeks heat up a little bit when he continued to look at me without saying anything else.
"So, what are you doing in the kitchen?" I asked randomly just to break the silence between us that was beginning to become slightly awkward.
"Oh I dunno, I was just looking for food," he said, laughing a bit at the end of his sentence. I found their accents so precious, it gave them a certain innocence and cuteness.
"I'm making some lunch for the twins...the other twins," I said awkwardly, getting a laugh from Emilio in return. "I can make some for you too, if you want. And Ivan."

I mentally punched myself as I began rambling on about lunch and twins. God Bella just calm down. Despite me feeling embarrassed, Emilio was still smiling widely, his big blue eyes looking into my brown ones.

"So, emparedados?" I asked, lifting my eyebrow.
"You know Spanish?" he asked shockingly.
"Un poco," I winked, grabbing sandwich stuff out of the fridge and the cupboards. I took out stuff to make them and just quickly made them on the counter, chatting with Emilio in the process. I put them all on plates and handed 2 of them to Emilio, one for him to take to Ivan of course.

"Are you doing anything right now?" Emilio asked, "like, now that you've made the...sandwiches," he said, hesitating to say the word sandwich because of his English.
"Yeah I'm actually going to watch Netflix with Marcus and Lucas," I confessed, feeling a bit bad and part of me wanting to stay and talk with Emilio.
"Oh okay, I'll see you later then?" Emilio smiled.
"You bet you will," I winked before heading back up the stairs to my shared room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I know this story is going a bit slow but I'm trying to build it up before anything major happens, hope you enjoy, leave a comment if you do!!