Chapter 26

Marcus

l hear laughing coming from downstairs and get really confused. Why are people laughing?
"What's going on?" I asked Lucas and Chad.
"Not sure, let's go check," Lucas suggested. We all got out of the crammed closet, stretching after sitting in there for so long. We went down the stairs with precaution and saw Jake and two of his friends with masks taken off. It was them the whole time, it was a prank.

"Where's Bella?" I asked.
"She ran away because she's butthurt," Jake chuckled.
"Jake you went too far," I said seriously, feeling angry that he scared all of us like this for a Youtube video.
"It was a joke dude nothing happened," he defended.
"Doesn't matter, you crossed a line and you scared all of us," I retorted. "I'm going to find Bella, maybe you should consider not being such an asshole all the time."
"Emilio already ran out after her," Ivan told me, his eyes glazed over with tears. 
"I'll go anyway in case he didn't find her," I said simply, looking at Lucas and telling him to come with me. We walked out the door, not saying anything to each other. Adrenaline was still rushin through my body and I didn't even know how to react.

"There!" Lucas said as he pointed after we had been walking for quite some time. She was hugging Emilio tightly and I heard the faint sound of her sobs.
"We can talk to her after, we should leave them," Lucas said, going to turn back around.
"That should be us," I said resentfully, "we were always the ones to comfort her, and now it's him." 
"We'll see her after when she's ready. She doesn't need us right now," Lucas said, putting an arm around my shoulders and guiding me back to the house.
"Yeah," I sighed, "she doesn't need us."

Bella

After running for a while, I felt like my chest was starting to close up. I sat on the curb and tried to get my breath back as the world started to become fuzzy around me. Tears starting spilling from my eyes uncontrollably and I struggled to fight the hyperventilation that was happening.
"Bella!" I heard someone call from far away. I looked around but everything was blurry from the tears filling my eyes. I managed to make out someone running straight for me and then figured out it was Emilio. I stood up and when he approached me I threw myself into his arms and he held me tightly.
"Emilio," I gasped, "I...I can't breathe," I choked out, holding him tightly.
"Shhh Bella it's okay, you're safe," he comforted as he rubbed my back gently. He kept saying comforting words to me and my breathing managed to slow down a bit, but the tears were still streaming down my cheek and my heart was still racing.
"I feel your heart racing," Emilio said and I just nodded in his chest. He went to pull away but I pulled him back.
"Don't let go, please," I begged.
"Okay, I won't, promise."

We held each other in silence for a while before I finally spoke.
"I thought you were gonna die," I sobbed, feeling my tears soak the soft fabric of his hoodie.
"I'm here, B, I'm right here," he cooed, running his hands through my hair.
"I was so scared," I said, still not moving from the comfort and safety of his arms.
"I know baby, me too," he said softly, kissing the top of my head.
"You were pretty bad ass though, I have to admit," he said lightly, causing me to let out a very small giggle.
"Anything for you," I replied.

"Do you want to go back, we can sit together somewhere more comfortable," he suggested.
"In a few minutes, I wanna stay out here a little longer, just me and you," I said.
"Anything for you," he repeated, causing me to smile despite my tears.
"I don't wanna yell at Jake yet, only in a little while," I explained.
"Yeah I understand."
"He only cares about money and views, he held a knife to your throat for views, who does that?" I rambled, feeling anger build up inside me.
"It's okay, everything is okay," he said.
"I'm so happy you're safe," I said as I pulled away slightly, putting my hands on either side of his face.
"I love you," I whispered as I pressed a kiss to his lips.
"I love you more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a small little update! Hoping to get another one up today, I'm on a roll.

Let me know what you think of this update, what you think will happen next, what you want to happen, anything!

Thank you for 300 favorites! You're the best

Also go read my imagines I uploaded and leave me requests for more!

-Rachael