Chapter 8

"B!!" Marcus called as he ran towards me and wrapped me in his arms.
"Marky!!" I exclaimed back, wrapping my arms around him. I pulled my head away, my arms still around him before I brought them up to his face and squished his cheeks.
"Why do you always do that?" he asked, laughing as he pushed my hands away.
"Because you're cute and squishy," I answered, giggling as well. 

We talked effortlessly as we did all the time before Marcus asked me what I was doing during the day.
"I'm supposed to go see a movie with Emilio, but other than that nothing, why?" I asked, looking at Marcus over my shoulder as I got hot chocolate ready for us. When we were kids our favorite thing was drinking hot chocolate in the mornings with tons of whipped cream. We weren't allowed coffee so that was our alternative. Once I finished making them I grabbed them both and set them down on the island as we both started sipping at them.
"Oh, I thought maybe we could do something. I feel like lately I haven't seen you much even though we live together," he shrugged.
"Well if you want I could reschedule with Emilio, it's really not a big deal," I shrugged, taking another sip of my hot chocolate.

"None for me?" Lucas gasped as he entered the kitchen, wearing the same outfit as Marcus. They're probably filming a video today.
"So we're having a day just the 3 of us? Like old times?" I asked. They both nodded excitedly in response. I would do anything for those boys, which is why I offered to change plans. I didn't think Emilio would mind, and I didn't want the twins to think I didn't care about them because I spent lots of time with the Martinez twins.

"So what are we doing?" I asked. The twins both shrugged at the same time, making me chuckle a bit to myself, I don't think they realized why.
"We could just see as we go, get in the car and figure it out," Lucas suggested, raising his eyebrows as he waited for our responses.
"Sounds good to me," I said, "let me just talk to Emilio and finish getting ready and then we'll go?" it came out as more of a question, to which they both nodded to. These twins were being too much the same this morning.

I skipped up the stairs and went to Emilio and Ivan's room which they also shared with Chance and Anthony. I knocked lightly on the door and within a few seconds the door swung open, revealing who I was pretty sure was Ivan. I was getting used to seeing them now so it was getting easier to tell them apart now, although I still screwed up pretty often which always made me feel guilty.
"Hey Ivan," I said, holding my breath hoping I got it right.
"Hey Bella, que pasa?" he asked, a smile spreading across his face.
"No mucho," I answered, receiving a wink back since I spoke in Spanish.
"Come in," he said awkwardly after realizing we were just standing at the doorway. Emilio looked up from his phone and smiled at me, standing up and giving me a hug.
"Hey, so I have some not so good news," I said quietly, pouting with my lower lip out.
"Awww, what?" he asked.
"Can we reschedule our plans?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said simply.
"Okay great, the Dobre's want to have a day together and I haven't been spending as much time with them as I should," I said.
"That's okay, there's always tomorrow," he smiled.
"I like your thinking, Martinez, tomorrow it is," I confirmed. I told them I had to go finish ready and gave them big hugs before sliding out into the hallway and heading back to my own room to get ready for the day.

***

The twins and I sat on the grass at a park, tired out after running around playing frisbee and football and just doing other random shenanigans. We were eating taco bell that we had brought with us for a picnic and ate together as we just talked and laughed.

"So Marcus and I have been thinking about something for a little while," Lucas said seriously, "and we want to tell you about it."
I nodded my head, encouraging him to continue although I was beginning to grow more and more nervous as I thought about what it could be.
"We're considering moving back home and leaving LA," Marcus blurted out, getting straight to the point.
"Wait what?" I asked.
"We feel really homesick and just don't think this is our place anymore," Lucas added, looking down at his hands.
"But guys we were so excited about coming here, both for careers and just in general. We always talked about living here together," I rambled, confused as to why this was coming just out of the blue.
"Nothing is final," Marcus added again, "We haven't decided yet, just talked about it. If we do go, though, we would really want you to come back home with us."
"I don't think I'd have another choice, I don't know what I'd do without you," I said, my heart growing heavy. I really loved life in LA and I didn't want to leave, but part of me feels that I would always follow my best friends no matter what.

This might be the beginning of a sticky situation.