Chapter 37

Bella

I got a call from Ivan 3 days after I saw him. Alissa and I were just watching TV in the living room, nothing particular on our agenda that day. Ivan asked if I wanted to hang out and catch up since we hadn't seen each other in a few months. I reluctantly agreed, because although I still felt tremendous guilt for what we did, I still missed him as a friend, and I felt like we needed to talk about what happened. He asked me to meet him at the house and told me Emilio wasn't going to be home, so I agreed.

"I'm going out for a bit," I announced as I stood up off the couch and walked to the front door.
"Where are you going?" she asked, looking back at me from where she was sitting.
"Meeting up with Ivan," I said honestly, not wanting to have to dance around it and think up of a lie to tell her.
"Ivan? Why?" she asked, looking confused.
"We just wanna talk and stuff. Just because I'm not with Emilio doesn't mean I can't be friends with Ivan," I pointed out, sliding my Doc Martens onto my feet and tying the laces.
"Fair enough, have fun, see you later," she said, blowing me a kiss over her shoulder, which I pretended to catch. I waved at her and walked out the door, walking the streets I have walked way too many times while living here.

It hadn't been that long, but the mental exhaustion of everything that happened beforehand made it seem like it's been years since I've been back in LA. It felt a little off not having everyone around, but for now I was at peace with it. Alissa and Ivan was enough for me in LA right now. I wasn't sure I could face anyone else. I walked up to the Team 10 house and texted Ivan saying I was there, not wanting to ring or knock and have someone else answer the door. Within a minute I was facing Ivan, who greeted me with a big smile as he opened the door.
We made awkward small talk for a moment as he got his shoes on. I heard footsteps behind me and curiously turned around, expecting to see a normal person on the street or maybe a fan scoping out the house.
With my amazing luck, none other than Emilio Martinez began walking up the driveway.
My breath hitched in my throat and I quickly looked back to Ivan, who's eyes were wide as he looked past me at his twin brother approaching both of us. Behind him, a petite red head walked, a smile spread across her face which faltered to one of confusion when she saw me. Ivan walked out the door and said hi to his brother. I looked down at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact.
"Uhm, hi Bella," he mumbled, brushing past me and going into the house. I couldn't even manage to choke out a hi back. The girl continued smiling and walked past us into the house behind Emilio and they both went upstairs.
"Who's that?" I asked Ivan, looking up to where they went.
"Her name's Anna, Emilio's been spending some time with her lately I dunno," he shrugged as we began walking.

I felt my heart sink at the thought and sight of Emilio with another girl. They could just be friends though. I guess that's what it felt like when he saw me with Marcus. We diverted the conversation since neither of us really wanted to talk about Emilio. We got to the café and ordered our usual smoothies before sitting down at the corner table I always sat at, Ivan sitting in front of me.
"So..." I started, not really knowing what to say.
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, for everything. You belong with Emilio, I'm sorry I ruined it," he said, looking down at the table.
"I'm sorry too Ivanito. It was both of our fault's and we really messed up. I'm sorry it happened too," I answered, trying to hold back the tears that almost came when I thought about everything again. The break up, the one night stand, leaving. All of the horrible memories I didn't want to think of, but ones that needed to be discussed.
"So who's Anna?" I asked, since I didn't get much of an answer earlier.
"I'm not really sure what they are. They've been hanging out but Emilio hasn't said much to me," he said.
"Oh," I said bluntly, taking a sip of my smoothie since I didn't know what to say.
"If anything it's a rebound. He loved you a lot, B, I don't think that changed. He was sad for so long after you left," he said. I just nodded, not really knowing what to say.
"Everyone really misses you," Ivan said.
"I miss you guys too," I said, smiling slightly.
"We're going camping this weekend, you should come," he invited.
"Ivan I don't think I can. It's too hard to see Emilio and everyone after what happened."
"Come on, Bella. We all miss you, it'll be fun, you don't even need to talk to Emilio. Bring Alissa too," he said.
"Why are you so good at convincing me to do things?" I asked, laughing slightly.
"Because I just really want you around," he smiled.
"I'll think about it. Thank you for being so nice after all this. I'm so sorry for everything," I apologized again.
"It's okay Bella, it's in the past, we don't need to talk about it again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is bad, wanted a small little filler before more drama!!!

Let me know what you think!

-Rachael