Chapter 44

Bella

I rang the doorbell at the Team 10 house and within a few seconds, the door opened and Jake was standing in front of me.
"What do you want?" he asked.
"Get out of my way, Jake," I said as I shoved passed him and went to find Emilio. Jack called back to me but I flipped him off, going upstairs to check the twins' room. Sure enough, he was in there.

"We need to talk," I blurted once I opened the door. His eyes moved from his phone screen to me, slightly wide.
"I don't have anything to say," he mumbled, shrugging.
"Well I have tons," I said, walking over to him and sitting on the chair beside him.
I took his silence as an opportunity for me to start talking even if he wasn't going to say anything.

"So I know that all this is crazy and it's hard. I don't expect you to forgive me and I get if you never want to talk to me again but I at least need to explain and have a chance," I started. He still didn't say anything, just stared ahead at the wall. I took in a deep breath before continuing.

"I just wanted to say that Ivan and I were both drunk. We didn't choose to do it, hell we don't even remember it. We would never ever intentionally hurt you. You're the one I want to be with, not Ivan, not Marcus, you. We were broken up and I was hurt and I guess I just made a stupid mistake trying to make myself feel better. But you aren't the only one hurting, Emi. I've been upset ever since it happened and I left because I felt so horrible. The guilt and the heartache is a lot to deal with. Ivan is upset because he feels like he betrayed his brother. We are all hurting from this, and I know it's my fault and I'm sorry, but it was a mistake," I rambled, still receiving no reaction from Emilio.

"Whatever happens, I hope one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me, and we could at least be friends again. I'm sorry and I love you," I finished as I stood up and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me. 
I was hoping for Emilio to say something back to me, but I guess he needed to take it all in or he just didn't want to talk to me. Either way, it felt good to get some stuff off my chest and tell him, rather than constantly thinking it and dwelling on it. At least now he knew how I felt, the ball was in his court.

As I walked back downstairs to leave, I was stopped by Jake.
"You can't just come in here like you still live here," he said.
"Well, a lot of my stuff is still here so whatever. You don't get to tell me what to do when it comes to my own business. I didn't bother you, I wanted to talk to Emilio," I said, walking past him.
"We wouldn't have this problem if you weren't such a whore," he said. I stopped in my tracks, turning back to look at him.
"Fuck you, Jake," I smiled as I walked out of the house and back to Alissa's, Jake's words still replaying in my head.

A whore. Is that what they saw me as? I guess. They're defensive of Emilio, it's fine. It's not like I haven't gotten called something like that before, so I decided it was best to brush it off.

I got back to Alissa's, walking in feeling better than I did earlier that day.
"How did it go?" she asked, standing up from the couch to see me.
"Not bad. He didn't say anything but we'll see," I shrugged, going into the kitchen to find something to eat.
"Well that's better than a fight," she said optimistically, making me chuckle.

***

Alissa had left to go on a date with a guy I didn't know about. She wouldn't tell me who it was because she was unsure, so I let her go and told her to call me if she needed anything and that I'd be here when she got back.
Since I had nothing to do after uploading my YouTube video, I sat in my room under my blankets and watched a movie. 
The doorbell rang and I sighed as I flipped my blankets off me and skipped downstairs, expecting it was Alissa coming home and she had just forgotten her key at home.

I opened the door and was not met by the friendly face of Alissa, but instead, Emilio. He stood there anxiously, his eyes drifting to me and away from me very quickly.
Before I could get a word out, he had taken a step into a house and his lips were pressed against mine. 

My breath hitched in my throat but of course, I kissed back.