Chapter 47

Bella

"Wanna come in?" Emilio asked as we went to drop him and Ivan off at home. It was on the way to Alissa's, so we saw them to the door.
"I don't know if I should," I shrugged, thinking of the fight he got in with some of the others earlier.
"We'll be stealthy, they won't know you're here," he smirked.
"Fine," I sighed, a smile creeping onto my face.
"Wanna come, Alissa?" I asked, looking back at her.
"I'm pretty tired, I'll see you at home?" she asked.
"Yeah, of course," I smiled, blowing her a kiss. She pretended to catch it and Ivan offered to walk her home, and Emilio and I crept into the house, trying to get up to his room quickly to avoid any confrontation.

We closed his bedroom door once we got in and smiled at each other, knowing we were successful.
"Sneaking around is kinda fun, huh?" I asked with a wink.
"A little, kinda cool dating a bad girl," he smirked.
"Shut up," I laughed, playfully and lightly slapping him.

We stared at each other in silence for a few seconds and then his lips crashed against mine, his hands finding my waist while mine wrapped around his neck. His soft lips were so familiar against mine and I felt as if I was melting into him, feeling at home.

Breaking me out of my daze, there were footsteps outside the door, causing both of us to pull away, wide eyed, not moving a muscle. We were acting as if I wasn't allowed inside, although technically I wasn't, since Emilio didn't run it by Jake first. Once the footsteps were gone, we both started giggling, walking over to the couch and sitting down.
"I've missed that," I sighed, smiling.
"You've missed hiding from people?" he asked jokingly.
"No, idiot," I laughed, leaning over and softly pressing my lips against his again.
"That."

***

I had been over at the Team 10 house for slightly over an hour. Realizing it was getting late, I decided I'd better go home.
"I'll walk you," Emilio said.
"You don't have to," I said, encouraging him to stay in.
"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let my girlfriend walk home alone?" he asked, standing up and taking my hand. We walked downstairs and I told him I had to go to the bathroom, and he said he would wait outside.

As I quietly went up the stairs, I was met by the face of Jake, not who I was expecting.
"Why are you here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I just had to use the washroom, I'm leaving," I said. He nodded and I walked past him to the bathroom.
"Wait, Jake?" I said as a question. He stopped and turned back around, waiting for me to talk.
"Can we talk?" I asked.
"About what?" he shrugged.
"About how you've had a bone to pick with me basically since I got here and I want it to stop," I said simply.
"I don't," he said.
"Yeah you do, Jake, you hate me. I know I hurt Emilio but I know that's not the only reason why," I said, wanting an explanation.
"I don't hate you, Bella. If anything I'm envious of you. You have a really strong character and everyone loves you," he confessed, looking embarrassed.
"Well that's not true anymore," I shrugged.
"I guess I don't like that you aren't scared to call me out, and I don't like what happened with Emilio and Ivan," he explained.
"I know. Emilio's forgiven me, and I hope you can too. It was a stupid mistake on both our parts, but I didn't cheat on him. I just want this battle of me vs. the rest of you to end," I said.

"Anyway, I should go, Emilio's gonna get worried. I'm sorry again," I shrugged, going to the bathroom quickly.
When I got out, Jake was still standing in the hallway.
"Hey, Belle, I'm sorry too," he said quietly, using the nickname everyone uses sometimes.
I smiled slightly, waving to him and skipping back downstairs to meet Emilio outside.

"Everything okay?" he asked, wondering why I took so long.
"Yeah," I smiled, taking his hand in mine as we walked home, the air starting to get chilly.

We arrived at Alissa's house and we stood at the front door.
"Talk tomorrow?" he asked. I nodded my head and smiled, kissing him one last time for the night.
"B," he said softly, causing me to look back from unlocking the front door.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"I love you," he smiled. A grin spread across my face and I kissed his temple.
"I love you more," I whispered, turning around and walking into the house, the grin still lingering on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!! I figured I'd sort of solve things with Jake since he was being douchey haha

Enjoy! Leave a comment!

-Rachael