Chapter 57

Marcus

"How did everything go so wrong?" Lucas asked me, sprawled out across the couch of the hotel room we were currently staying in.
"I don't know dude, I made a huge mistake," I answered, playing with the sleeves of my flannel, not even knowing what to say about the situation anymore.
"Well we need to fix it somehow," he said simply.
"Yeah, I just don't know how. I don't know how she'll forgive me, or how I can be around her without Emilio wanting to rip my head off," I answered, half joking.
"Just wait for them to break up," Lucas joked, nudging me with his elbow and shooting a playful smile.
"She's happy, I just need to work with it," I shrugged, not wanting to say anything bad about their relationship. At the end of the day, Emilio is the person who made Bella happy, I was just her best friend, and being her best friend was better than not having her in my life. Although I resented Emilio for "stealing" the girl I loved most, I was happy that he treated her right, other than the road bump they went through.

I loved Bella, and I always would, but I learned the hard way that I'm not what she needs, and I can't make her love me the same way. I couldn't lose her either. I needed some way to mend things after giving her some space away from me and the drama I caused.

Bella

I flipped through the pages of the scrapbook the twins had given me for my birthday, smiling to myself as I looked at all the good times we shared. The simpler times before Emilio and Marcus drama, Emilio and Ivan drama, everything.

As I heard footsteps approaching me I shut the book, putting back underneath the bed as Emilio walked into the room.
"Hey babe," I grinned, sitting cross legged on my bed.
"Hey you," he smiled, walking over to me and taking a seat in front of me. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine," I smiled, scooting closer to him and leaning my head against his shoulder.
"You're lying," he laughed, putting his hands on either side of my face and looking into my eyes with his big blue ones.
"I'm not," you laughed, averting your eyes from his gaze.
"Come on, B, is the whole Marcus thing still bugging you?" he asked.

You sat in silence for a few moments with your boyfriend.

"I mean yeah, I just hate that it's all I talk about. It sucks for you and it sucks for me. I just want things to be normal I guess," I shrugged.
"I know, B. They will be. I'll work on being less angry, and you guys can work through things," he answered positively.
"Yeah, I guess so," I mumbled.
"Wanna get ice cream?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.
"Duh," I laughed, grabbing his hand as I jumped off the bed, running to the front door to put my shoes on. 

We walked down the streets of LA, one of our favorite things to do together when the weather was nice, and laughed together as we skipped down the street to our favorite little ice cream shop. We ordered our favorite flavors, his being vanilla and mine being strawberry, and sat down on a bench outside.

"You got a little something," I laughed, pointing at my nose and then Emilio's. He laughed and went to wipe his nose but missed, causing me to laugh more. I leaned forward and wiped it away gently with my finger, earning a "thank you" from Emilio.
"So messy," you chuckled as you wiped the melted ice cream onto a napkin.
"Can't help it," he shrugged, taking another lick.
"I love it about you," I chuckled, kissing his nose, making him crinkle it.

A group of people walked past us and I didn't really pay attention until I noticed the curly hair I knew all too well. It was Lucas, Marcus, Cyrus and Darius. My heart sank slightly and I ignored it, focusing my attention back on my boyfriend who had taken me out to feel better. I wasn't going to ruin our relationship by being sad about Marcus all the time. Everything would work out in time.

"You okay?" Emilio asked when he noticed me go slightly quiet.
"I'm amazing," I grinned, pecking his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATE IN FOREVER WOW BUT THANK YOU FOR 1K FAVS!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

I know this update isn't great but I'm just trying to figure out where to bring the story next, hope you guys enjoyed it anyway, let me know what you think!

Love you!

-Rachael