Chapter 31

Emilio

"Ivan, wanna do a prank today bro?" I asked Ivan from across the room, standing up to go sit next to him.
"Yeah I'm down, what should we do?" he asked me, turning his phone off to talk to me properly.
"I dunno, maybe we could dye someone's hard or something," I suggested out of the blue, not really having any good ideas.
"Yeah that's a good one!" Ivan announced, pointing at me.

We discussed more details of the prank and we decided we were going to dye Nick's hard since he doesn't get pranked that often. After buying what we needed, we decided to go upstairs and get ready, Ivan carrying the camera and me carrying the hair dye. As we walked down the hall we heard low murmurs coming from a room.
"Make sure Nick isn't in there in case he sees or hears us," Ivan said, nodding his head towards the door so I could look in.
When I peeked in I saw Marcus, Lucas, Chance, Tessa and Nick. Why were they all in here instead of downstairs.
"You kissed her? What the fuck?" Tessa whispered in an angry tone.
"It just happened," Marcus said back, telling her to lower her voice even though she was whispering.
"What are you gonna do man?" Chance asked, seeming shocked. Marcus just shrugged. Were they talking about Bella? They couldn't be. Marcus must have kissed some random girl or something, maybe he's getting over her.

I decided to ignore it and Ivan and I carefully tiptoed into Nick's bathroom and set up the prank, giggling together and getting back downstairs as fast as we could.

Nick usually only showered at night, so we had a while to wait. Bella was out with Alissa for the day so Ivan and I had to entertain ourselves since everyone else was leaving us out of a gossip session upstairs.
"Let's go swimming or something, the pool is clean today," Ivan suggested. We decided on doing that so we went upstairs to get our bathing suits. I walked out of the room when I was ready to go wait for Ivan and I bumped into Marcus.

"I have to tell you something," he said seriously.
"Yeah?" I said as more of a question, wanting to know what had been up with him for the past few days.
"Bella and I kissed," he blurted out, looking away from me.
"What?" I asked, feeling my heart sink to the pit of my stomach.
"It just happened last night, I'm sorry, maybe you should rethink your relationship," he suggested.
"She kissed back?" I asked, wanting the answer to be no but instead got the reply of a nod. Marcus apologized again and walked passed me, nothing else being spoken between us. 

I pulled my phone out and a sent a text to Bella that we needed to talk as soon as possible, and tried to hold back the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I hated that I was so emotional. Could Bella have really done this? Did she really kiss Marcus, or was he lying?

***

Bella

I walked back into the house late at night after spending the day with Alissa. I missed having her around every day, now we actually had to plan to see each other instead of just waking up and seeing each other every day at the house.

Usually when I got home at night I was greeted by Emilio and a big smile, but today he wasn't around. I guess he was asleep, the house was pretty quiet at the moment. My phone had died so I hadn't spoken to him basically all die. I decided I'd go in his room just to let him know I'm back and all is good. I opened his door quietly and saw him lying on his bed, still awake on his phone.
"Hey," I said happily, earning no reply from him, just a brief glance.
"What's wrong?" I asked, walking over to him and sitting down on the edge of his bed, putting my hand on his leg, which he slowly pulled away, trying to be discrete but still being quite obvious.

"What's going on?" I asked again, pulling my hand back.
"Is it true?" he asked me. 
"Is what true?" I asked him confused. He put his phone down next to him and sat up, still averting eye contact with me.
"Did you kiss Marcus?" he blurted out. My heart sank. This was the conversation I thought I wouldn't have to face.

"He kissed me, Emilio," I confessed, letting out a sigh, "I pulled away right away and told him it wasn't okay."
"He said you kissed back," he accused.
"No, Emilio, I would never. I swear he kissed me and it's not a big deal, he acted stupidly and it's done," I explained, wanting to reach for his hand to comfort him but figuring he would just pull away again.
"If it was nothing then why didn't you tell me?" he asked.
"Because it wasn't even worth saying! Nothing happened, he made a mistake and I'm moving on. I didn't want to make it a big deal and didn't know how I was supposed to just casually bring it up to you," I explained, feeling my heart start to race.

"Do you love him?" he asked.
"You know I do, Emilio, but not like I love you," I said softly, a tear streaming down my face.
"I want to believe you, but I don't trust him and I can't always be wondering what you're doing with Marcus or if he's kissing you," he said quietly. I heard rustling from beside us and turned to see Ivan. He was sleeping from what I could see, but he might have just been pretending.
"Emilio, nothing will ever happen with Marcus, you know you can trust me," I said, but received no reply from my boyfriend sitting in front of me.
"I can't do this. The jealousy isn't fair to either of us and this is just over the top," he said calmly.
"Emilio please don't do this," I pleaded, my breath hitching in the back of my throat. "I love you."

"Maybe this is for the best. It's late, I should sleep," he said before lying back down and turning away from me.
"Okay," I choked out, leaving the room and slowly walking back to my own, collapsing onto my bed and crying myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drama drama drama!!

What do y'all think of this update? Let me know!!

-Rachael