Chapter 46

Emilio

Bella, Alissa, Ivan and I were planning on going out together for dinner. Alissa and Bella met us at the Team 10 house and I let them both in with a smile and kissed Bella.

They waited downstairs while Ivan and I ran upstairs to get ready for dinner. As we were getting ready, our bedroom door swung open and revealed Jake, Tristan, Tessa and Chance.
"Why is she here?" Jake asked me seriously, crossing his arms over his chest.
"We're going out," I shrugged, trying to divert any sort of argument or serious conversation about my private relationship with Bella.
"You're back together?" Chance asked, earning just a nod from me in response.
"What the hell bro! After everything she's done to you and put you through?" Jake spat.
"It's really none of your business," I mumbled, looking over at Ivan who looked down at the floor shamefully, probably not wanting to be verbally attacked by anyone again.
"It is our business, you're our friend," Tessa added.
"And aren't you supposed to be one of her best friends, Tessa?" I shot back, "you haven't even been there for her. And if you were, you would know the real story and the way her and Ivan feel."

"Bro you know she's bad for you. What if it happens again?" Jake asked, shooting a glare at Ivan, who still didn't look up.
"Jake, it was a mistake. We both love each other and want to be together and that doesn't concern you. If we're moving past it, so should you," I said, nodding at Ivan for us to leave.
"I just don't think you should be dating such a whore," Jake shrugged.

Unexpectedly, Ivan finally stopped looking solemnly at the ground and walked over to Jake, punching him in the face and walking out of the room and shuffling downstairs. I stood, jaw dropped, staring at Jake who held onto his jaw.
"Ivan's my twin, I stand by him no matter what stupid shit he does," I say, giving them all a big grin before going downstairs to meet Ivan and the girls, who were already waiting for me outside.

Bella

Ivan came down the stairs quickly, his jaw and fist clenched and his face slightly red. I could hear vague shouts from upstairs.
"Everything okay Ivanito?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"Yeah, nothing, let's go outside," he said quickly before opening the door and following us out. Alissa and I looked at each other with confused looks but didn't pry Ivan for answers any further. 

Not long after, Emilio walked outside and took my hand as we began to walk down the street. The restaurant wasn't far so we didn't need to take the car. Plus, getting fresh air was always nice.

"Everything okay?" I asked Emilio softly, "you guys seem a little...tense."
"Yeah, Jake just being an asshole," he said nonchalantly, not giving any details, which I understood.
"I don't think I should really show my face around there anymore," I mumbled.
"No, babe, they'll get over it. If I love you, they'll love you too," he said, trying to lighten the mood.
"After everything I've done and all the stuff they did to me, it's clear they hate me and aren't going to forgive me," I said. "I don't know if I can handle being around them."

It was sad to know that some of my best friends still hated me. Tessa hadn't spoken to me in months, even though I thought she would always have my back. I guess when you make big mistakes, you inevitably lose some people. That was something I was going to have to deal with, and didn't have the right to whine about.

"They will. I did, they will," he smiled, pressing a light kiss to my temple.
"I'm sorry it all had to happen like this," he said, rubbing his thumb in circles on the side of my hand.

"It's okay, not your fault," I smiled weakly.

Of course it wasn't his fault.

It was mine.