Chapter 30

Bella

I got up groggily the next morning, the same way I usually get out of bed in the mornings. Emilio had fallen asleep in my bed last night while we were watching a movie but when I woke up he was no longer there. I stretched my arms and legs out and slowly sat up on the bed, reaching over to my bedside table for my phone. When I opened it there was nothing important, just a few instagram and twitter notifications. After scrolling aimlessly for a few minutes, I threw my blankets to the side and got up. 

Without bothering to get dressed or even brush my hair, I walked out of my room that I once shared with Alissa and skipped downstairs. I had told Emilio I would go out and have breakfast with him this morning, even though I wasn't supposed to sleep in this late. After trotting around the house and finding every except for Emilio, I tried calling him, but got no answer. As I walked back upstairs, I bumped into Marcus, who greeted me with a warm smile as always.

"What's up?" he asked me as we walked back downstairs together since he was heading for the kitchen and I had nothing to do.
"I was looking for Emilio because we were supposed to get breakfast," I shrugged, sitting on the stool in the kitchen and swung my dangling legs as I watched Marcus grab stuff from the fridge.
"I saw him leave with Ivan earlier, don't know why, they should be back soon though," he answered as he took a sip of orange juice.
"Guess you're stuck with me until then," he smirked, motioning for me to follow him back upstairs since we didn't really want to hang out in the kitchen even though it seems to be something I do often lately.
"Not a problem, Dobre," I joked as I kicked him lightly in the shin and ran upstairs ahead of him.

We sat in him and Lucas' room together, just talking about random stuff and laughing. Lucas was in the shower so it was just Marcus and I, which wasn't an issue. We were laughing about a video we had watched a few days ago that we still found funny and after we had both calmed down there was a lull in the conversation, a sort of awkward pause that was almost never experienced between us. Before I could even process it, Marcus was leaning in towards me and had his lips pressed against mine. My eyes widened in shock as I pulled away, speechless.

"Marcus what the hell?" I asked, extremely confused about what had just happened.
"I don't know I just, I love you Bella," he stuttered, averting his eyes from my strong gaze.
"No, Marcus, you don't get to do that," I protested, standing up off the floor and walking to the door.
"Bella don't leave, can we talk, please?" he asked, reaching out for my hand, which I didn't give him.
"What is there to talk about? You're unbelievable!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up.
"I'm sorry I just, I really like you Bella. I want you to be with me, I'm so much better for you," he explained quietly and calmly.
"Marcus, come on. We're best friends. You know I love you so much but I'm with Emilio, you can't just kiss me and get jealous now that I have a boyfriend," I exclaimed, backing up out of the door slowly as we spoke.
"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have done that," he said.
"Damn right you shouldn't have," I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.
"We can't tell Emilio about this," I added as I turned around and walked into my room, slamming the door a little harder than I had planned.

What the hell just happened?

Emilio

Ivan and I walked back into the house after leaving for a few hours to get stuff for a video we were planning on doing later in the day. I had left early in hopes of getting back in time to go get breakfast with Bella like I told her we would. I gave everything to Ivan and he took it as I jogged upstairs and went into Bella's room, where she was lying on her bed.
"Hey you," I smiled as I stepped in. She smiled fakely at me and sat up, pressing a short kiss to my lips when I approached her.
"Everything okay?" I asked. She seemed off, who knows why. She nodded with a smile that seemed fake again and stood up off her bed and grabbed clothes from her closet since she still hadn't gotten dressed.
"You sure? You seem off," I pried slightly, wanting to know if she was upset with me or if something happened to her.
"I'm fine Emi, I'll meet you downstairs in a bit, okay?" she asked. I nodded and walked out of her room quietly, leaving her to get ready.

I ran into Marcus in the hallway and smiled at him nicely, since I promised Bella I would try harder, but instead of receiving a smile back he awkwardly looked down and walked passed me, not acknowledging me at all.

This was weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update but drama is about to unfold ladies and gentlemen so GET READY!

Hoping to have another update out tonight, let me know what you think, I love your comments

-Rachael