Chapter 32

Bella

Almost a week since Emilio and I have broken up. I haven't spoken to anyone other than Alissa who would call to check in on me. I stayed in my room most days except when I had to eat and would occasionally interact with some of my friends, but I didn't want to talk. Everything with Emilio went so downhill so fast and I was still trying to wrap my head around everything.

My heart was broken, I had lost him over something so small but drastic in his eyes. I wasn't mad at him, I would be hurt if I knew he kissed another girl who I always felt threatened by. It wasn't fair and he needed space. I felt heartbroken and angry at Marcus for trying to twist the situation as well. I knew he liked me but sabotaging my relationship was not cool.

I stayed in my room most days because I knew eventually I would run into Emilio, neither of us would know what to say and we would walk past each other with our heads down in silence, which I did not want to experience. When Emilio and I were together and even before when we were just friends, we always greeted each other with huge smiles, loud voices and tight hugs. Now, it would just be blank stares, and my heart wasn't ready for that. I haven't spoken to Ivan either, so I had lost 2 great people for one mistake. Hopefully I would be able to fix it eventually. I wasn't ready to lose Emilio, not yet.

I sat on my bed watching Grey's Anatomy when there was a light knock on my door.
"Who is it?" I called, sitting up in my bed to go answer it.
"It's me," I heard Marcus say from the other side of the door. I opened the door slowly without saying a word, looking at him on the other side of the doorway.
"What?" I asked sharply.
"Can we talk?" he asked. I let out a sigh and let him into my room, shutting the door behind him and sitting back on my bed.
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry," he apologized as he sat on the chair next to my desk.
"Sorry for kissing me? Sorry for telling Emilio a lie? Sorry for ruining a relationship? Sorry for what?" I asked in a slightly rude down, my emotions coming out after my attempts to keep them under control.
"All of it, B, all of it," he said lowly, looking down at his lap. "I'm gonna try to talk to Emilio and see if I can make things right again."
"It won't be right, Marcus, he doesn't trust me and he doesn't trust you because you thought it would be a great fucking idea to kiss me," I ranted, holding back tears.
"I'm sorry I was jealous and did stupid things but I want you to be happy, I know you're happy with Emilio so I'll back off," he said.
"It's fine, Marcus, I'm just upset," I mumbled, feeling bad about getting upset at him when I was supposed to be someone who was always on his side. I hated that I felt anger towards him and I was blaming him for what happened between Emilio and I when really it wasn't his fault.
"It's no use for me to be mad at you, we can't change anything and we aren't going to stop being friends over it," I explained.
"I'm sorry again," Marcus mumbled. He got up to walk out of the room and I stopped him, pulling him in for a tight hug. We smiled at each other without saying anything and he left. I didn't want to be fighting with Marcus on top of everything going on with Emilio. I don't believe he ever intentionally meant to hurt me.

I wish Marcus never liked me, none of this would have happened, I wouldn't have fought with Emilio and we would still be together. Why couldn't everything just go right for once? I guess I wasn't that lucky. I just wanted him back, but I wasn't sure how or if I could make that happen.
After lounging around a bit more in my room, I went downstairs to grab a snack from the kitchen. I was greeted by Ivan, Tessa, Chance and Chad, who all surprisingly seemed happy to see me as they smiled when I walked in the room.
"We have a proposition for you, Bella," Tessa smirked, walking closer to me. I asked what it was as I opened the fridge to look for something to eat. There didn't really seem to be much as far as snack food goes, so I shut it and moved on to the cupboards.
"Wanna go out tonight?" she asked.
"Not really," I said with a forced chuckle.
"Come on, it would be fun, you need to get out," Ivan persisted.
"Guys I'm really not in the mood," I denied, sitting down on a stool.
"We miss you, and we want you to be happy again. Just try for us?" Tessa pleaded, putting her hands together and shaking them as if she was begging.
"Fine, but if I'm miserable you're taking me home," I caved in.
"Deal."

***

We all went out for dinner together and then decided to go to a club to have a few drinks and dance a little to forget all the bad shit going on in life. 
Feeling much better than I had any day since Emilio and I broke up, we left the club laughing as we piled into an uber and drove home still singing and dancing in our seats. It was nice to feel what it was like to be happy again, even if it was just for a little while and there was alcohol in my system causing me to act this way.
After stumbling back into the house, everyone went to go to bed but I stayed in the living room and Ivan kept me company. We had both had quite a lot to drink so we just had random conversation together since neither of us were ready to sleep.

"I'm sorry about Emilio, he's stupid to let you go," Ivan said to me.
"Thanks Ivanito, but there's nothing I can do really," I sighed, leaning back on the couch and putting my legs across his lap. We had a long talk about everything and he was being so supportive and comforting.
"You're the best, Ivan," I said as I yawned, then I fell asleep.

I woke up to Ivan carrying me upstairs in his arms, and I groaned as I squirmed around.
"Can I sleep in your room, I don't wanna be alone," I slurred, holding onto his neck.
"I guess so," he chuckled, changing his course and going towards his room instead of mine.
He told me to sleep in the bed and he would take the floor but eventually ended up in the bed with me since I pleaded for him to come because I didn't want him sleeping on the floor. After lying around for a few moments I found myself on top of him, pressing my lips to his.

He kissed back, our lips moving together as the alcohol flowed through our systems, our kisses slightly sloppy.
I reached for the bottom of his shirt and pulled it off while he pulled off mine.

And you can leave the rest to your imagination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH SHIIIIIIIIT!!!