Chapter 34

Ivan

I watch as Bella leaves the Team 10 house, about to head back home probably forever. I messed up bad. How could I have sex with her when my brother was in love with her? Why did I drink to the point where I didn't know what I was doing? I can't believe I did this to Bella and to Emilio. I was horrible. Now she was gone, and it's all my fault. How am I supposed to tell everyone? I can't say what we did, it would destroy everything.

Later that day, Emilio walked into the room we shared, plopping down next to me as usual. I struggled to even look at him after the horrible thing I did. How can I pretend everything is okay?
"Have you talked to Bella recently?" he asked me in Spanish.
"Yeah," I said bluntly, not really wanting to elaborate on anything.
"I actually have something to tell you," I said, looking up so I was looking into the eyes of my twin brother, who I was about to hurt. He didn't say anything but I could tell he was waiting for me to continue.
"She's gone, she left today," I told him. His face went from a look of concern to a look of sadness and pain.
"Why?" he asked.
"I'm not sure," I lied, looking back down to my lap in order to avert my gaze from Emilio's.
"God I'm so stupid, I have to go after her," he said, standing up and trying to gather some of his stuff together.
"Emilio, I don't know if she wants to see you," I explained, grabbing his arm.
"I love her, Ivan, I can't lose her forever. This time apart I've realized that I need her, I should apologize. I can't be without her, Ivan," he explained to me wholeheartedly, making me feel even worse for what I had done with Bella. Before I could try and reason with him, he said goodbye to me and was out the door to catch the next flight to Maryland to try and make things right with Bella once and for all.

***

I left my room for the first time that day to go get water from downstairs since I was feeling dehydrated. I felt as if I was walking in slow motion and everything was going so slow. When I got to the kitchen, Chance, Chad and Anthony were there, looking at me very concerned.
"Dude what's up with you? You're acting weird," Chance said, looking at me with his eyebrows slightly raised.
"Nothing bro," I brushed off, opening the cupboard to grab a glass.
"Ivan we all know you're lying," Anthony said, urging me to tell them what's going on.
"Bella's gone," I blurted out quietly.
"What?" Chance asked.
"Yeah, she left. She just packed her stuff and walked out, I was the only one there," I explained.
"Why? She didn't even say bye," Chad said. I shrugged, lying by saying I had no idea why she left, but I did know why, and I could't bare to think about it.
"Emilio went after her but I don't think that's going to work," I added.
"What is happening?" Chance asked, putting his hands to his head and leaning against the table, shaking his head slowly from side to side.
"I guess we wait and see," I said, taking my water glass and going back upstairs. I didn't deserve to be happy around friends right now.

***

Emilio

I landed at the airport in Maryland. Since I had already been here before I knew how to get to Bella's house. I needed to get her back. After thinking for a week now, I knew I had to do something, but I waited too long and now she's gone. If I had tried to work it out sooner instead of just being alone, maybe we would both still be in LA right now.

I got out of the Uber when it pulled up to Bella's house. I walked to the front door and took a deep breath before knocking three times, waiting for an answer. I shifted my weight from one food to the other while I waited for someone to answer the door, hopefully Bella so I could tell her everything right away. 

The door opened and my heart began racing, but I was not met with the face of Bella, I was met with the faces of Lucas and Marcus, anger spread across them both.
"Is Bella here?" I choked out, trying to see behind them if she was anywhere in sight.
"Why do you care?" Marcus asked angrily, his jaw clenching as he held on to the door. I was worried he would slam it in my face at any moment.
"I want to see her and apologize," I answered in simple terms since I didn't want to go into great detail with the twins, I didn't think it was necessary.

"She doesn't want to see you," Lucas said.
"Ever again. She hates you," Marcus added.

Hate. Quite the strong word. I tried to reason with them but all I kept being told is Bella doesn't want me near her or anywhere in her life anymore and it's in my best interest that I leave.
Realizing there was no way I was getting passed them, I left. I started walking down the street, not knowing where I was going.

Bella hated me, and I was probably never going to get her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a lil update for you in the point of view of the twinnies.
Your comments the past few days have made me so happy guys, keep commenting what you think, I love seeing your reactions!

-Rachael