Chapter 10

I stared at the pile of clothes sprawled out all across the floor in my room. I had absolutely no idea what to wear tonight. I went through everything another time, trying to pick something nice enough to wear. I chose a pretty casual outfit, assuming we wouldn't be going anywhere fancy. After finishing my makeup and running my hands through my hair one last time, there was a knock on the door. It was exactly 7pm. I walked over and swung the door open, revealing none other than Emilio Martinez.

"Told you I'd pick you up at 7," he joked as he pulled out a small bouquet of pink peonies from behind his back. A huge grin spread across my face as I gently took them from him and smelled them.
"How did you know they were my favorite?" I asked.
"I may have asked around," he blushed, shifting from one leg to the other as he stood in front of me.
"A boy has never given me flowers before, thank you," I smiled, smelling them once again.
"Really? A great girl like you has never been given flowers?" he asked, seemingly shocked. I just shook my head and he sighed. I ran downstairs quickly with him to put the flowers in water, and then I was ready to go.
"Where are we off to?" I asked, feeling my stomach fill with excitement.
"You'll see," he said simply as he reached out his hand. I felt a blush appear on my cheeks as I grabbed his hand, letting him lead me out the door behind him. We began walking down the street so I assumed it wasn't somewhere too far. Probably because the twins weren't able to drive in America yet. I looked up at the sky as it was light blue with a tint of pink in the clouds since the sun was just setting. It took me a while to realize my hand was still in Emilio's, the thought causing yet another smile to appear across my face.

After only knowing this boy for such a short amount of time, he has already given me so much happiness and a feeling I don't think I've ever felt before.
"So, you're really not gonna tell me where we're going?" I asked again, nudging his side with my elbow. He looked over at me, smiling, but shook his head, saying that if he told me, it would ruin the fun. I stuck out my lower lip, pretending to be sad, which caused Emilio to chuckle lightly and give my hand a gentle squeeze.

After walking and talking for what felt like about 10 minutes, he stopped on the sidewalk.
"Here we are," he said. I looked up and saw a lit up sign with some bowling pins next to it.
"You brought me bowling?" I asked, pretending to be disappointed. These boys pull pranks on everyone all the time, might as well mess with him for only about 5 seconds.
"Uh, yeah, sorry. Are you upset?" he asked.
"Are you kidding?" I asked him, a look of sadness spreading across his face as he lost eye contact with me and stared down at his shoes, pulling his hand away.
"How did you know bowling is one of my favorite things ever?" I asked, causing him to look back up at me and smile again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug, breathing in the smell of his cologne. 
"You scared me," he said, the way he said scared had made me giggle, but I didn't say anything about it. Jake made fun of the way they talked all the time, but I never said anything in case it makes them upset.
"This is amazing!" I exclaimed, fighting the urge to jump up and down. I eventually gave into the urge and jumped a little, grabbing his hand and running inside. Emilio paid for our entrance and the shoes despite my protesting and we walked to the last bowling lane.

"I'll have you know, Martinez, I am a beast at bowling," I winked, grabbing a ball and pretending to throw it at him, making him flinch but laugh nonetheless.
"You're going down," he said, grabbing one too.

I was first up and I walked to the line, taking a deep breath and getting ready to take my shot. I took the shot and knocked them all down except for 1. I cussed under my breath before taking a second shot, getting the pin.
"Spare, not bad," Emilio shrugged, jokingly acting unimpressed.
"Your turn," I said, motioning for him to take his turn. He stood up and walked over, taking his shot and knocking them all down at once.
"Boom, a strike!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air in victory. I shook my head and let out a sigh.
"So I see I've got some competition, gotta step up my game," I smirked.
"Looks like you do."

***

"Victory is mine," I smiled as we walked out onto the sidewalk, chocolate in our hands that we got from the vending machine.
"You only won by 3 points," Emilio laughed, jokingly shoving me, causing me to lose my balance. He reached his arm out and grabbed my wrist, pulling me back straight. We both laughed and he apologized.
"Still beat you, I told you I was the best," I bragged, flipping my hair over my shoulder.
"Modest, I like it," he laughed, causing me to laugh to.
"Ugh I don't wanna go home," I sighed.
"Well, we aren't yet," Emilio smirked. This boy was full of surprises wasn't he?

We walked a bit and before I knew it we were in a park with a bunch of trees surrounding us.
"This is the part where I get axe murdered just when I thought I found the perfect guy, huh?"
"You think I'm perfect?"
"Never said that, don't get a big head," I winked. Hearing him laugh so much tonight made my heart happy. Emilio just seemed different, which is so cliché and cringe worthy to say. We walked a bit farther and ended up in an open area. There was a blanket on the ground with a picnic basket, and in front of that set up was a white screen with a projector.
"What? How did you do this?" I asked him, my jaw dropping.
"Jake had some stuff around that he let me borrow," Emilio shrugged.
"This is actually perfect," I exclaimed.

We walked over to the blanket and sat on it. He opened the picnic basket and it was full of a bunch of my favorite snacks. He then turned on the projector and Dirty Dancing began playing, causing me to let out a small screech, which of course led to laughter from Emilio.
"You really did your research," I pointed out.
"I wanted it to be perfect," he shrugged. This was hands down the best date ever. The fact that Emilio cared enough to know what I loved just so I would have a good date was one of the nicest things ever. I just fell for him more and more by the second.

We ate the snacks as we watched the movie and I leaned my head on Emilio's shoulder, without even consciously realizing I was doing it. He leaned his head on mine and wrapped his arm around me. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and smiled.

Everything was perfect in this moment, and I didn't want it to end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's just a cute lil chapter, tried to make it a bit longer! Hope you guys enjoyed, let me know what you think!!