Chapter 40

Bella

I was lying on my bed, my eyes shut when Alissa called to me from downstairs.
"Yeah?" I called back, standing up in case she needed me.
"Can you come down? Someone's here for you!" she said. I raised my eyebrow, confused, but went down anyway, sliding across the floor and hopping down the stairs until I got to the living room, where none other than Emilio Martinez was standing in the doorway. 
Alissa looked at me and mouthed "I'm sorry", but smiled at Emilio, letting him in.
"I'm gonna...go run some errands," Alissa said quickly as she got her shoes on and left the house. I assumed it was so Emilio and I could talk alone and if a fight ensued that she wouldn't have to be around. 

After shutting the door, the house was silent. Emilio and I stood there looking at each other. I waited for him to say something but he was probably waiting for me to say something.
"B," Emilio said, not knowing what to say. I looked into his bright blue eyes, my heart melting like the first time I saw him. You can't do this, Bella, don't be weak.
"I broke it off with Anna, even though there was nothing really there. I just wanted to stop thinking of you, wanted to convince myself I could move on," he said.
"You can't toy around with girls like that, it's not cool," I pointed out. We were standing up near the doorway and living room, both of us shifting our weight from one foot to the next. I didn't want to offer to sit on the couch, I figured the situation was a bit too tense.

"I know, I know it isn't. I just want you, Bella," he said softly, taking a step closer to me. I didn't move back, I stayed glued to the floor.
"It's too late, Emilio, it's already over," I choked out, holding back the urge to run into his arms and kiss him. 
"It doesn't have to be," he said.
"Yes it does, it's over, it has been for a while, we aren't right together," I said, lying about my excuses, hoping that maybe if I just let him go everything would hurt less.

"Yes we are, B. We can fix this. I'll work on my insecurity about Marcus, we'll stop having dumb fights about jealousy. We'll go back to how it was. Having fun every day. I do trust you, Bella, I don't know why I told you I didn't. It was my insecurities talking but I don't want to lose you, you're too important," he explained. I shook my head as tears slid down my cheek. Damn it.
"Come on, Bella. You know we can do this. It's not over," he said softly, taking yet another step towards me.

"I slept with Ivan," I blurted out.
Before I could explain myself or manage to say anything, Emilio was out the door.

Emilio

I couldn't believe it. The girl I loved most in this world had sex with my twin brother. How could this happen? So many emotions were running through my head. Anger towards both of them but mainly Ivan, sadness, confusion, pain. I felt betrayed, and like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. 
I loved her so much, still do, and this is what I find out.

I got back to the Team 10 house and walked inside, looking for Ivan. He was coming down the stairs and I approached him, not saying a word.
"Hey Emilio," he said to me with a smile. Without thinking, I punched him straight in the face.
"Woah!" he screamed, putting his arms up as I went to punch him again. As I swung at my twin brother, I was pulled away by Chad, who was telling me to stop. I caught my breath but my heart was still racing, my blood boiling.

"YOU HAD SEX WITH BELLA?!" I screamed at him in Spanish so not everyone had to know what was going on.
"Emilio," he said softly, his face dropping to one of regret and sadness.
"How could you do that to me? You know how much I love her!" I yelled, wanting to punch him again but was being held back by Chad still.
"Emilio I can explain, we were drunk, it wasn't supposed to happen. I'm sorry," he said calmly.
"I can't believe you would do this to me," I said back to him before pushing Chad off of me and running outside. I needed to get away from Ivan, and from Bella. I needed to run and to clear my head.

How did this happen?