Chapter 55

Bella

After going out for breakfast with Alissa to talk about everything that went on, we arrived back home to find boxes and suitcases piled in front of the door. I raised my eyebrow and called out to everyone to see what was going on.

Darius came rushing down the stairs and gave me a smile which I could tell was fake.
"Dari what's going on?" I asked.
"You should go talk to Marcus," he answered simply, adding another bag to the created pile. I looked back at Alissa who simply shrugged before jogging up the stairs and down the hall to where Marcus' room was.

I opened the door since it wasn't looked and saw him pulling clothes out of the drawers and folding them.
"What's going on?" I asked bluntly, not wanting anything sugarcoated.
"We're moving out," he said quietly, not lifting his eyes to meet mine.
"What? Why?" I asked.
"Because of what I did. You can be with Emilio and Ivan without conflict from us. There wasn't really enough room for all of us anyway," he answered nonchalantly.
"Marcus, you don't have to move out," I said.
"I can't even look at you after what I did," he said. I let out a loud sigh, not really knowing what to say to him. I was still upset with him, but I also didn't want him to feel like he was being forced out of the house.
"It was a mistake Marcus, we won't work through it if you leave," I said.
"You don't even wanna talk to me anyway. I have to go," he mumbled, brushing past me without looking at me, his footsteps being heard going down the stairs.

I stood in the doorway for a second before going to find Lucas, asking him what was going on.
"He doesn't feel like he can be around you. He feels too guilty," Lucas answered simply.
"So he's just gonna run away from the problem and me?" I asked, feeling irritated but trying to be compassionate.
"It's his choice, B, we're just following him because he's our brother," he shrugged.
"I just don't see how this is gonna solve anything," I answered.
"Maybe it won't, but I think both of you need time, and he doesn't want to be living under the same roof as Emilio," he explained.
"I guess," I said.

Emilio and Ivan weren't home, so I guessed they didn't know what was going on. I guess I could tell Emilio he doesn't have to think about moving out anymore because Marcus already took it upon himself. I guess he assumed I wouldn't forgive him. He was my best friend, how could I not forgive him? I just didn't know how to talk about it with him, or how to go about fixing it. Although I didn't think Marcus leaving abruptly would do anything to help that matter.

Now I needed to go about fixing this a different way. If Marcus wasn't going to try, I had to do what I could to salvage our friendship and glue it back together after being shattered after only 5 minutes of stupidity.

I went back downstairs and Marcus was already in the car, leaving just Lucas, Darius and Cyrus at the main entrance, holding the last of the bags as they were ready to go.
"So you're really leaving?" I asked.
"We have to for now, we'll probably come back. We left some stuff here anyway," Cyrus answered.
"Okay, well I'll miss you guys. Tell Marcus we need to talk at some point," I said, rocking back and forth on my feet, not sure what to say anymore.

The boys all gave me hugs and with that they were on their way out.

I looked at Alissa and asked her if she had any idea this was happening. Her response was of course that she had no clue.
"I don't get it. Usually he's such a fighter," I said.
"I guess he feels like he can't be forgiven," she answered. I nodded, she was right. The guilt was probably overpowering.

I sat down on the couch and she sat next to me, putting her arm on my back and rubbing circles, trying to make me feel better. I smiled at her and leaned on her shoulder briefly before getting up and telling her I was gonna go read in my room for a little while. She understood I wanted to be alone, so she let me go.

After a while there was a knock on the door, when I opened it, it was Emilio, who knew right away something was wrong.
"What's going on babe?" he asked.
"Nothing," I lied, turning around and sitting back down on the bed.
"You're lying," he said, knowing me too well.
"Lucas and Marcus moved out," I answered, not wanting to talk about it too much.
"Oh," he said, it was all he was able to muster out at that moment.
"I just feel like everything's falling apart and I'm losing everyone," I said, feeling tears start to well up in my eyes.
"Bella you aren't. He'll come around," he answered, putting an arm around me and pulling me closer to him, the smell of his cologne making me feel better.
"What if he doesn't?" I asked, looking up.
"You think he'll let this ruin your friendship after all these years?" he asked.
"I don't know," I shrugged.
"He won't baby. Marcus fights for you, he won't let you slip. In the mean time, you have me, I won't leave," he answered, kissing my forehead.

"Promise?" I asked.
"I promise, B."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's been a while but here's an update for y'all!!! Let me know what you think!

THANKS FOR ALMOST 30K READS THAT'S CRAZY AH YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

Thanks for all the love, you guys make me so happy when I read your comments!

Enjoy!

-Rachael