Chapter 9

I spent most of my days overthinking about what Lucas and Marcus had told me. Every free moment I had was me thinking about what I would do if they decided to leave. I still haven't decided. There's so much to think about and to take into consideration, hopefully they don't decide too quickly.
"Bella," I heard a familiar voice say as feet pattered down the stairs at the same time.
"Martineeeeez," I answered, dragging along the last syllable of his last name.
"I was wondering if I could ask you something," he said, sliding onto the stool next to me
"Yeah anything."
"I was wondering if you would want to go on a date with me tomorrow night?" Emilio asked, a hopeful yet nervous smile spread across his face. I felt like my heart shot into my throat. Would saying yes be leading him on if I was only gonna leave him soon to go back to Maryland? 
"Yeah," I blurted out, not giving myself enough time to overthink my answer because that always seemed to be what I did. I just went with my gut for once and hoped and prayed it was going to be the right decision.

Lucas

I overheard as I walked down the hallway that Emilio and B were going on a date tomorrow. For some reason it felt like my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I didn't like being jealous of the Martinez twins, because they were really great and genuine boys who haven't done anything bad, but I can't help but worry Bella wouldn't come home with us so she could stay with them. Of course she's allowed to have other friends, and even boyfriends, but Marcus and I have always been protective over her so whenever we feel like people are pulling her away, we worry too much and overthink.

Whether she comes home with us or stays, she's still our best friend and we would do anything for her.

I just can't tell Marcus about their date, or he'll freak out.

Bella

I couldn't help but smile as I sat in my room reading, my mind continuously wandering off and thinking about Emilio and how he actually asked me out.

Sure I've had boyfriends, some more serious than others, but there was something about Emilio that made me feel like all this was so fresh and new, like a whole new experience. The more I thought about him the more I began to fall for him and realize I did really like him as more than a friend. All the time we've been spending together has had its effect on both of us, I suppose.

The happiness in my heart overthrew the anxiety in my mind, and I think that is what showed me that I made the right choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is really bad but it's just a filler! Hope you enjoyed it regardless, leave me a comment on what you think!!

-Rach