Chapter 17

Bella

After having a few drinks and being at the club for a little while, I was finally able to have some fun. I danced with the boys and when one of my favorite songs came on I went to Marcus and took his hands as I danced. The song continued and we danced together all in good fun, giggling when it might have been a bit of an awkward moment. As we danced and I had smile spread across my face, I turned my head and saw what seemed like a familiar face. Before I could get a good look, whoever it was had turned around and was walking away. But the blond hair and pink hoodie seemed all too familiar.
"Emilio?" I said out loud unintentionally, feeling really confused. I pulled away from Marcus and apologized as I walked quickly towards him. I pushed through the crowd to try and get to him since I didn't want him to leave before I could talk to him.
"Emilio!!" I called out, receiving no response in return. Soon enough I was out the door and called his name again, this time resulting in him turning around to face me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he stopped walking and I stepped closer to him.
"It doesn't matter," he mumbled as he went to walk away again. I grabbed his arm gently, trying to get him to stay.
"It's not like you'd care anyway, you were all over Marcus," he said angrily, his eyebrows furrowing.
"Emilio we're friends, we were just having a good time," I defended, my arm dropping from his arm and back down to my side.
"Friends don't touch each other like that," Emilio said, his voice calm yet still filled with anger.
"Emilio I swear to god there's nothing happening, why are you like this?" I asked him, starting to become angry myself at the way he was acting and speaking.
"Because I came all the way here to apologize and you're already basically taking your clothes off for Marcus!" he said, this time his voice raising much more than it was a few seconds ago.
"What's that supposed to mean, Emilio? You think I just get naked for everyone? It's not like that" I said sternly, my heart starting to beat faster and faster in my chest.
"Maybe I should have listened to Jake," he said quietly, seeming as if he was talking more to himself than to me at that moment.
"So what? All this was a mistake?" I asked.
"Maybe it was," he answered.
"Emilio, YOU are the one who broke MY heart. YOU are the one who apparently didn't think I was worth it to even fight for. You're the one who left me in the dust on my own, I never hurt you," I defended myself.
"Well the way you act with Marcus is pretty hurtful," he replied.
"What do you have against Marcus?" I yelled in frustration, "he is my best friend, Emilio, nothing more than that. He has been by my side since before I could walk, I'm allowed to dance with him!"
"He likes you, Bella!" Emilio yelled back, throwing his hands up in frustration.
"You're insane," I said back.
"Am I though?" he asked rhetorically, his hands turning into fists. He wasn't gonna hit me, was he?
"You are. We're friends, that's all. You know that," I explained.
"Jake said otherwise," he said.
"You need to stop listening to Jake. He says shit all the time that's untrue, just because he has a lot of subscribers doesn't mean he's God, you don't have to listen to everything he says," I argued.

As the argument went on I felt myself feeling dizzy. The last thing I heard was Emilio saying my name, and then everything went fuzzy and then black.

Emilio

I felt my heart sink as I fought with Bella, but I couldn't help but be jealous and upset that my great gesture wasn't going to fix anything and I was so insecure for no reason. As we kept arguing back and forth, Bella suddenly stopped answering to what I was saying, her eyes shifting around as she started to sway.
"Bella? Are you okay?" I asked, really confused as to why she had stopped talking, she wasn't the type of person to bite her tongue when she wanted to stand up for herself. She didn't reply and I took a few steps closer to her.
"Bella?" I asked again. Before it could register, she was falling backwards, her eyes shutting as the sound of her hitting the cement sidewalk filled the air.
"Bella!" I exclaimed, kneeling down to her, trying to shake her lightly so she would wake up. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Marcus, Lucas, and their two other brothers.
"Emilio? What's going on?" Marcus asked.
"We were fighting and she just passed out!" I panicked, looking up at them for help, they're her best friends, they probably know what to do.
"Her heart was probably beating too fast," one of the brothers said, "plus the alcohol."
"We have to bring her to a hospital," Marcus said.
"Her sister is in the car, we can take her," I suggested.
"No, it's better we take her, you've done enough," Marcus said angrily as he picked Bella up in his arms and walked away.